Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Jones

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We are 22nd for a reason, Sami and Nathan are part of the reason. Bloom cannot afford to get this wrong and will not gamble on Nathan even if we win 4-0 on Friday.

End of thread.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We are 22nd for a reason, Sami and Nathan are part of the reason. Bloom cannot afford to get this wrong and will not gamble on Nathan even if we win 4-0 on Friday.

End of thread.

So Jones could take us on an unbeaten run, yet he should still also go ? What a stupid thing to say, if we get immediate results - then why not keep him ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If JFC starts Boxing Day, then it's safe to assume it must be in his contract, that if fit he plays, as he is the face of the Amex

If he starts, would it not more likely just be, because he was widely judged to have been our best outfield player in the last match?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
That's odd. I could have sworn that when Barber took over we had just finished 10th in this division, and that under Barber we made the playoffs in the first two seasons of his time as CEO. We also signed a player for £2 million that we sold for £8 million 18 months later, and that player can't get a regular start for the team bottom of the PL.

Have I mixed him up with someone else?

You think that's odd: some of the more cloying sycophants now seem even to want to attribute ON the field successes to the man who shamelessly got rid of our only successful recent manager - a man who knew that his time was basically up the second Barber was appointed.

But then it's "oh no, he's just about all that FFP stuff, he shouldn't be sacked because we're going down" once things aren't so good on the pitch. I'd say that's fairly odd, personally.

Which is it? Because it really can't be both.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm surprised that he hasn't been named as caretaker yet?

Probably nothing sinister in it. Just that the club have known most of the day that Hyypia was departing you think they would have made a brief statement.

Mind you we do have the turning circle of a large tanker when it comes to announcements! >>EDIT: But not on this occasion!<< :mad:

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You think that's odd: some of the more cloying sycophants now seem even to want to attribute ON the field successes to the man who shamelessly got rid of our only successful recent manager - a man who knew that his time was basically up the second Barber was appointed.

But then it's "oh no, he's just about all that FFP stuff, he shouldn't be sacked because we're going down" once things aren't so good on the pitch. I'd say that's fairly odd, personally.

Which is it? Because it really can't be both.

I was pointing out the lunacy of blaming Barber if things are going wrong on the pitch, as if that was the case, then it would be consistent to give him the credit when we're successful on it. Neither which are true IMO.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm surprised that he hasn't been named as caretaker yet?

Probably nothing sinister in it. Just that the club have known most of the day that Hyypia was departing you think they would have made a brief statement.

Mind you we do have the turning circle of a large tanker when it comes to announcements!

He has been...

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/brighton-hove-albion-sami-hyypia-leaves-2159842.aspx - "In the interim, Nathan Jones, assistant manager, will take charge of the team for the Boxing Day fixture against Reading. "

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That's odd. I could have sworn that when Barber took over we had just finished 10th in this division, and that under Barber we made the playoffs in the first two seasons of his time as CEO. We also signed a player for £2 million that we sold for £8 million 18 months later, and that player can't get a regular start for the team bottom of the PL.

Have I mixed him up with someone else?

Gus achieved all of that, and then Barber pissed him off so much he had to leave.

The club has gone backwards on the pitch ever since.

Not just your post but the hypocrisy on this thread is massive.

Some people posting that Jones should be given a chance whilst on other threads posting we need an experienced manager.

Moaning about Hyypia for not having any experience and then wanting Jones instead!

If Jones gets the job it will be because he is cheap and/or no me better wanted to come because we are bottom three, have a director of football making signings and/or we don't have a budget to compete.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Gus achieved all of that, and then Barber pissed him off so much he had to leave.

Some people posting that Jones should be given a chance whilst on other threads posting we need an experienced manager.

Moaning about Hyypia for not having any experience and then wanting Jones instead!

If Jones gets the job it will be because he is cheap and/or no me better wanted to come because we are bottom three, have a director of football making signings and/or we don't have a budget to compete.

spot on................

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
T

People are saying Jones should be sacked, but he is in charge for the Reding game. I don't think anyone is saying Jones should be given the managers job.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'll be getting behind him on Boxing day, but this Premier League ready long term mantra has to take a back seat whilst they work out how to stay in this division.

Much respect for Hyypia tonight able to see what his bosses couldn't and force the situation.

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
Who is this someone you are talking of? From what I can make out you would be happy with the tea lady over Jones.

A friend of a friend worked at the Albion until the end of last season and he reckoned that most of the team hated Jones because of the way he swanned around like a big time charlie, It will now be interesting to see if he can motivate them or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here