Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Gus...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if you decide that, for whatever reason, you have no desire to win a match and want to see the tournament it is in scrapped, please can you state so at least two weeks in advance as opposed to the day before, so that next time a large number of fans don't end up wasting money and an evening of their lifes watching a completely pointless game of football

many thanks, and best of luck for the rest of the season :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hang on Scotty, you're not allowed to moan about the manager being a knob and ignoring the fans who've paid good money to watch a team "try and win a game".

Or maybe you are...

Poyet tonight might as well have gone up to the fans and slapped everyone of them in the face (apart from the kids in on a freebie).

Some fans can only afford to watch reduced games like today, and what do they get for their money? A team that gives up as soon as they concede a couple, and a manager who isn't bothered.

Disgusting. Fair enough if it was behind closed doors, but when people are paying to watch then it's piss poor.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Absolutely. Can I ask when the last time Gary Hart scored a goal was?

Also, did anyone else notice Gus go mental when Murray missed the penalty, and immediately called for Baz to come and replace him? Almost seemed as though he was being substituted purely for the penalty miss. Bizzare.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
İbrahim Tatlıses;3687871 said:
Did you really think 2 weeks ago that this game would be anything other than a friendly.

if im honest, no, not really. but even in a friendly players are playing for places, they want to win the game and there is a reason for them being out there, which can somewhat justify attendance

tonight there wasn't even that

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Absolutely. Can I ask when the last time Gary Hart scored a goal was?

They were some of the most pitiful substitutions Ive ever seen. Definition of throwing the towel in.

Having said that, thought Baz was Ok and Im impressed more and more by Smith.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
To be fair to Gus, he did play a strong side.

a strong side who looked to be taking it extremely easy

even if they weren't explicitly told by the manager to coast along in 3rd gear for the game, you cant really blame them for doing so when the message in the press was "i dont give a toss about this game"

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
a strong side who looked to be taking it extremely easy

even if they weren't explicitly told by the manager to coast along in 3rd gear for the game, you cant really blame them for doing so when the message in the press was "i dont give a toss about this game"

It did looka bit pedestrian, but he could have played a much weaker side. I wisj he had to be honest, we might have seen a bit more effort.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
It did looka bit pedestrian, but he could have played a much weaker side. I wisj he had to be honest, we might have seen a bit more effort.

exactly

as somebody else on this thread said, did you expect anything other than a friendly? it wasnt even a friendly - a weaker side would have had something to play for and something to prove - as all players do in friendlies. by sending out the strongest line-up and saying "this game doesnt matter", it effectively says that their performances dont matter, which gives them a mandate to not give a toss

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

I was thinking about this. Wouldnt it be nice if we could brush past teams on cruise control. Oh well.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
bet he wouldn't have done if the competition rules didn't state that you have to.

He only had to play six of the players who are started the last game or are first team regulars. You could make a case for everyone in the starting eleven but Bridcutt being a first team regular this season. He could have fielded a far weaker side, but yes, as Scotty Mac said, the messages in the press were misguided.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here