Dear Gus fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PalG

Nov 22, 2010
Yes he maybe doing well but can you please remove your tongue from his arse, that is all.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Is everyone either 1000% pro Gus or 50% against him? Can't you just think he's alright and doing an above average job - so far?

PalG

Nov 22, 2010
He's doing a good job but it seems to me he is bottling it. All this money nonsense is just an excuse because Blackpool have a tiny budget and they were in our league 3 years ago and now look where they are ?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
If Gus Poyet PLC was quoted on the London Stock Exchange, I think his share price would be down by about -30% this morning.

He has does himself no favours at all for the longer term.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
erm, you know what? No. I won't.

I think he is brilliant. He's got Brighton playing some of the best football in years/decades. Has got us top of the league. I love watching his interviews and I suspect, I don't know, but I think, he might, he just might be a very special manager.

All the 'I pay my money I have every right to boo' types need to take their heads out of their arses. Stop blowing their little trumpets, it's spoiling my enjoyment of the GUS BUS.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He's doing a good job but it seems to me he is bottling it. All this money nonsense is just an excuse because Blackpool have a tiny budget and they were in our league 3 years ago and now look where they are ?

I don't think so. I think he's frustrated and is managing expectation. I don't think ranting that we are skint is the best way to do it but it's worked at least.

There is nothing to suggest we won't do a Blackpool either.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Bloom has lent the money for the stadium as an interest free loan. Poyet has stated that he has a good playing budget (6th in League One) for transfers etc, but he's not going to pay one player 4 times the amount that one of our current players earn (eg Southampton centre halves as quoted last week)
You have quoted Blackpool as an example, so is Holloway a good manager? He has done well with Blackpool but been a failure at other clubs. There are many many more factors that come into management than just money, transfers and team morale.
All good managers need time. We are unbeaten at home in the League, 4 points clear etc etc.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
which is not something we would have said with Adams or Slade in charge... exciting, isn't it?

Very! Let's hope Gus can take us up, great football, Championship, Falmer on the way... what isn't to be excited about.

I'm a big Gus fan (but am still not yet convinced he can walk on water and feed the 5000 if ya know what I mean)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus has worked a miracle here, the games at Charlton and Peterborough will live with me as some of the best experiences I've had watching the Albion. No man is perfect though and I find him a little precious about anyone who dares question him or suggest he may have got it wrong. I can live with that but he does come across as a bit of a naive tit sometimes in his criticism of officials and fans. I hope he doesn't escalate his veiled threats because as good as he is he needs to remember nobody, not even Gus Poyet, is bigger than BHA. Carry on Gus you are doing great :thumbsup:

Gus has worked a miracle here, the games at Charlton and Peterborough will live with me as some of the best experiences I've had watching the Albion. No man is perfect though and I find him a little precious about anyone who dares question him or suggest he may have got it wrong. I can live with that but he does come across as a bit of a naive tit sometimes in his criticism of officials and fans. I hope he doesn't escalate his veiled threats because as good as he is he needs to remember nobody, not even Gus Poyet, is bigger than BHA. Carry on Gus you are doing great :thumbsup:
MIRACLE:lolol: HERE WE GO AGAIN:sick:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Poyet is amazing but clearly rates himself better than that.

Dangerous game when you are yet to achieve anything

If / when he leaves you just know he will be hated

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
MIRACLE:lolol: HERE WE GO AGAIN:sick:

Best football I've ever seen from an Albion team in some games this season and when you compare it to most of the dross I've seen over the last 10 years, that's a bit of a miracle to me, yes sorry. Puke away :lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Poyet is amazing but clearly rates himself better than that.

Dangerous game when you are yet to achieve anything

If / when he leaves you just know he will be hated

Do you hate Micky Adam, Steve Coppell, Peter Taylor, Russell Slade ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports