Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Fantasists

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
If some of you had taken a little time to talk to us as opposed to biting at the internet warriors you'll find that we probably share many of the same values. .

I can't be the only one to have noticed the frankly staggering level of hypocrisy in this post?

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
It's hard to not take it personally; Saints are my club and any slight on them which I perceive as unjust I feel compelled to respond - especially if I've tried and failed to ignore it previously.

However; Whilst at first I was a little apprehensive about my message and actually posting it, I'm glad at least a few of you resonate with some of it. You might not agree with the context, but you at least acknowledge it. Typically, there are some who will never accept they've been a bit "mongy" with regards to how they've acted.

I can tell you now that without doubt, a large, large majority would not have thought we'd walk this league this season. We made that same mistake in the Championship and every where we've been since our relegation from the Premier League. It didn't take long to realise that as a club, you have to earn the right to get where you are. Average attendances and previous successes means nothing and if some of you engaged a little more with us you'd realise that in fact, we're not the arrogant, cocksure lot that some on here would have believe.

Not only is your turn of phrase offensive, but you appear to be an extremely mean spirited human being, wanting to deny a group of fans their time in the sun. This is not the Daily Mail; it's a football forum, read by a very small amount of people who have a common interest.

Get over yourself and check your choice of language next time.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not only is your turn of phrase offensive, but you appear to be an extremely mean spirited human being, wanting to deny a group of fans their time in the sun. This is not the Daily Mail; it's a football forum, read by a very small amount of people who have a common interest.

Agreed, when will people learn that the appropriate word is 'spacker'

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

And this is on a web site not averse to anti mainland Europe, anti-American, anti-Scottish and anti-semitic (unbelievable to anyone fron B&H) comments.

But we are now on a mission to hate Southampton simply because they have a manager who has made a bit of a prick (oops) of himself.

Don't tar us all with the same brush because of a few gobshites on the internet. I wouldn't begrudge Southampton going up at all, I have a lot of Saints supporters in my family and would rather another local awayday next year then Huddersfield.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm sorry but this league would have been chuffing boring if we didn't have this bit of banter, we pissed it a month ago. And no, that isn't arrogance, it's fact.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Well I managed to genuinely read 2 paragraphs of the first post before entering a narcoleptic coma and giving up. Get over yourself Social Sausage you spacky, mongy web toed twat and go and have a wank over the fact SCC managed to get five players in the PFA L1 team of the year despite the fact that laughably one of them was Dan Harding, f*** me that made me chuckle out loud. Saints are just a distant memory, we have proper rivalries to resume, you were just a temporary distraction :wave:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Opening post is a nice summary of SCC.. Showed so much promise of gold, yet became a steaming pile of shit that no-ones cares about..
and thinks it's better than it is.

All those words basically just to say "stop being mean to nigel" and get in some weak ass dig about Crawley being our rivals. Bad times.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
I really think some people have got to learn to take life a little less seriously, at least what gets thrown up on the internet. Southampton are big enough & ugly enough to take some banter on he chin - they're 2nd in the league & their destiny is firmly in their own hands, they can still get an automatic promotion. We were at Walsall on Saturday & I don't recall any significant 'going down' baiting being leveled at our anxious rivals there.

Mr. Sausage, if I may call you that, stick around, wherever you end up next season, join us on NSC & contribute to the banter; you'll be most welcome (by most of us, if you're reasonably civil) & I think you'll find that, for the most part, 'hatred' is not what motivates us.

Now consider whether there aren't better ways to be spending your Sunday afternoons..?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why does anyone write posts over a paragraph or two? Is anyone really bored enough to read them?

A club tends to hold another club in its affection all the time they are a lesser concern representing no 'threat.' Rochdale are the classic example of this, the nations favourite underdogs and I'm sure that in the way many BHA fans look at Bournemouth, Saints fans that have looked at Brighton in this patronising way and are now having to reappraise BHA's 'pet club' status.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I can't understand the fuss and preciousness in this thread. The poking fun at Southampton has been fun this season. In fairness to some of their support, plenty have been gracious about our title, but Adkins has been a joke figure all season long and anyone who can't enjoy his humiliation next week really doesn't have a sense of humour.

Before the season began the Saints were big favourites for this league with a squad full of big name players, and they have been left trailing in our wake, what's not to enjoy about that? I agree that we may have come across as arrogant and irritating this season, but sod it we are not going to walk a league in this manner probably ever again so why can't we enjoy it? The league table doesn't lie , there is not one ounce of arrogance in the statement that we are the best in the league, this is a FACT. Enjoy it now, next season will be a lot tougher.

Stop it, just stop it. Enough really is enough.

I can understand your dislike of Adkins. No, I can. OK, maybe not at the teeth-gnashing, mouth-frothing psychotic level that seems to perpetuate this board and undoubtedly, every waking moment for some of you… but I can. He said something which in essence, has backfired. Well done to your team, you’ve been fantastic this year. Your support, on the other hand, has not. If anything, what I remember as being a fair, reasoned group of supporters has dissipated.

Earlier this year, Portsmouth’s retarded little brother Bournemouth (now affectionately known as Bompey) levelled the “arrogant scummers” jibe at us.

The truth is, we’re not. Adkins might have said something which could perceived as such but you’ve clung onto it like rabid dog, gnarling and snarling away like a group of mental patients anxiously awaiting your next dosage of sedatives that never came.

Time to get the f*** over it.

If there is any arrogance that is surfacing it is from yourselves. Take a look at this board. It’s in meltdown. Yes, I can understand you’re excited about your future and you have every right to be. But - guards of honour? Talk of blitzing all those that are in your path and how it easy it was this year. Don’t forget, you hardly set St. Mary’s alight this year with your stifling performance… I wonder if you’ll be able to keep your consistency against an injury ravaged SCC this coming Saturday?

And so we’re back on to arrogance. Everyone on here seems to work with a Saints fan who claims that they openly belittle Brighton and claim we’d have caught you. Methinks the sedatives are wearing thin again as these people are clearly a figment of your over active imaginations. Believe me, I know a lot more Saints fans on here then you’ll ever know and they’ve been nothing but objective and gracious about Brighton winning the league.

Likewise I have, until I logged on today and saw this cacophony of idiocy spewing out from this board. Well, it’s either idiocy or a contagious form of brain-rot. What happened to all the objective, sensible Brighton fans?

You say we’re non-descript, plain and boring. Well, what are you then? Whilst I (used) to sympathise with your troubles, the excitement of winning the league at a canter has obviously muddled your simple minds. Too much sea air? Or did you step on one of the many discarded needles and inadvertently jack yourself up on the way to the Withdean? Have they been putting something in the rock round there?

Forgive us if we’re getting a little tired of having to post ripostes but I cannot help but feel the fever pitch created on here warranted some form of reply.

Anyway, to return to your bitter tirades - embarrassing, much?

Sir Nigel Adkins!!!
I cannot f***ing wait for Saturday
The **OFFICIAL** Give Adkins loads from the South Stand thread

And according to this loon, almost every single player in your starting eleven is better than anyone else’s in League One - ARROGANT, much?

The Adkins diet

You have some bizarre, warped and paranoid perception that every club is jealous of you. Once again my little patients, no-one’s out to get you. It’s all in your heads. Everyone from Peterborough, to Saints, Charlton to Huddersfield are bitter of your success. Oh, is it any surprise that whilst most Saints were once fond of you (I certainly was), we now pity you. In fact, we now pigeon-hole you in with Bournemouth; another club paranoid of its nearest rivals to the point it drove them insane. Nurse, nurse, can I get another prescription?

Why do you court our approval and attention so much? Why do you get so bitter and twisted about Saints fans allegedly not graciously acknowledging your success? Well, if you’ve had the brains and hand/eye co-ordination to do a little search, you’d find that we have:

SaintsWeb

Most of these messages, of course, had been posted by Saints fans BEFORE we realised what a bunch of sore winners you actually are.

It’s fair to say, many of you are a very strange and twisted bunch. Aside from my brief interlude on this board to message you, you’ll find that this obsessive behaviour is not reciprocated by Saints fans and is almost exclusively one-sided. These threads are only from the first two pages, yet it shows a stunning amount of arrogance, bitterness, perceived jealousy, paranoia and most of all, stupidity.

Our undefeated home record
Song for Saints game
Message for SCC fans who come on here..
Are we the new SCC?
A song for Southampton
Win Title Against Southampton
A brand new cliche for Nigel Adkins c/o Southampton FC

That’s from the first two pages… let alone the past few months worth of cyclic tubthumping that has occurred on here. All of this has all been accrued just from skimming this board. No doubt we’ve probably been mentioned a few more times that I’ve missed.

And even when we do congratulate you, some of you *still* cannot accept it gracefully:

Southampton
Congratulations to all at BHA from a Saint

I’m not bitter and I’m not jealous - the best team has won the league. Here’s a suggestion though; how about enjoying it instead of focusing on revelling on other teams potential misfortunes?

Anyway, enjoy your new derby with Crawley - a club small enough for you to bully into submission.

I shouldn’t have to remind you but what with you obsessing over us, making up imaginary (and evil!) Saints supporters and fantasising on a level of paranoia I’ve never encountered, I think it’ll only be fair to do so.

If you’re sore because Adkins said something through gamesmanship -get over it. If you’re bitter we played out a draw with Spurs over thirty years ago to deny you promotion, get over it.

Either that, or get your heads checked out.

Bye for now my little fantasists - don't forget to take your pills.

Post of the season.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
to be honest I agree with this

abit of Rivalry is brilliant , and Adkins definitely gave us the spark to prove him wrong and win the league = job done

and he will get abit of banter

but 20 billion threads on this - really?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It was funny at first, but it's just getting a bit boring now.
Southampton are just another club. Just about every manager says something that may make them look a little foolish later on (in some people's eyes).

We are Brighton - League 1 champions.
Time to leave it at that.
After all, Southampton are the champions elect of the also-rans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here