Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dean Wilkins.... at PALACE!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Yep, as lovely as they were at passing, especially Wilkins, both he and Codner barely seem to win a tackle...Or tackle at all.

I can certainly recall may midfield partnerships, but none as soft as those 2.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan

Rustington BHA

The classic irony with Wendy was the amount of fouls he conceded due the fact that he tackled so rarely his technique was so poor.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
He seems genuinely impressed with the kids coming through, especially the 13/14 years age group.
His aim is to replicate his Southampton model .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
He seems genuinely impressed with the kids coming through, especially the 13/14 years age group.
His aim is to replicate his Southampton model .

With the new academy site acquired and the plans in progress for cat 1 we are looking good for the future. Wilkins will be a big part of that .

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
He was highly rated as a youth team coach when he was with us. If he hadn't become our manager I think he might have still been here.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
With the new academy site acquired and the plans in progress for cat 1 we are looking good for the future. Wilkins will be a big part of that .

We need to start hoovering up the talent from South London, and this is a step in the right direction.
The future Raheem Stirling’s, Callum Hudson Odoi’s , Jadon Sancho’s, and Rueban Loftus Cheek’s need to stay in South London.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I went right off him when I heard the rumours of his treatment of players like Glenn Murray. It seems that managing kids was his ceiling. He’s got the right job and yes I do believe there are likely to be very talented youth players at Palace.

Hopefully the Albion are appointing someone who works in Sussex football and who has an unparalleled knowledge of young players across the county.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here