Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dean Wilkins and Stevenage FC.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Alex Revell was the manager, so in being sacked, his assistant manager, goes too.
Don’t you remember Alex playing for us?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Alex Revell was the manager, so in being sacked, his assistant manager, goes too.
Don’t you remember Alex playing for us?

I always liked Revell and thought him one of the best strikers we had during the Withdean years.

Blimey, Wilkins has put on a bit of weight - looks so much like his late brother now.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I always liked Revell and thought him one of the best strikers we had during the Withdean years.

Blimey, Wilkins has put on a bit of weight - looks so much like his late brother now.

I liked Revell too and he always gave everything for the Albion, but one of the best strikers we had at Withdean?! That’s praise indeed considering some of the competition.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I would love to see Wilkins back here as a coach of some sort. He was one of my heroes along with Kurt Nogan when I first started supporting Brighton.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I would love to see Wilkins back here as a coach of some sort. He was one of my heroes along with Kurt Nogan when I first started supporting Brighton.
That free kick against Ipswich to get us into the playoffs was one of my best memories at the Goldstone

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
That free kick against Ipswich to get us into the playoffs was one of my best memories at the Goldstone

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

And at the tears he shed at that Play-Off final clearly showed his passion for the club, even if at times he earned his Wendy nickname.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Who would you have him coach though? We are two divisions higher now than we were during his time here, he has certainly never coached in the Premier League before. If he really is such a great coach, what was he doing at a club at the tail end of the Football League?

I do wonder though why there is such a penchant for players/managers/coaches to return to the Albion years after they were last with us, and even if they achieved only a modicum of success the first time around.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Who would you have him coach though? We are two divisions higher now than we were during his time here, he has certainly never coached in the Premier League before.

He left Southampton with Adkins when they appointed Pochettino.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
I'd heard he was very bitter at his sacking under Knight, not sure he holds the club in high regard now.

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd heard he was very bitter at his sacking under Knight, not sure he holds the club in high regard now.

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Tapatalk

Indeed, thirteen years and a lot of water has gone under the bridge since he last had any involvement with the Albion, plus spells at Palarse and Stains, two of our greatest adversaries. He has tainted blood now. :nono:

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Wilkins had a cultured left foot. Seem to remember he learnt how to use it after his plane was lost in the jungle. Taken under the wing of a lost tribe of left footed apes, they taught him their skills before he returned to the Goldstone!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Who would you have him coach though? We are two divisions higher now than we were during his time here, he has certainly never coached in the Premier League before. If he really is such a great coach, what was he doing at a club at the tail end of the Football League?

I do wonder though why there is such a penchant for players/managers/coaches to return to the Albion years after they were last with us, and even if they achieved only a modicum of success the first time around.

He was meant to be a great coach in our youth set up so I was thinking more in the Academy.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Not one of best but along with CMS ran around more than most

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Wilkins had a cultured left foot. Seem to remember he learnt how to use it after his plane was lost in the jungle. Taken under the wing of a lost tribe of left footed apes, they taught him their skills before he returned to the Goldstone!

Now it appears Wilkins has a cultured 'beer belly'. He makes me look thin!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

Not for me.

The football was dire under Wilkins who seemed to believe he was the reincarnation of Matt Busby with his reliance on mediocre youth team players.

Binning Gary Hart was inexcusable and highlighted how out of his depth Wilkins was.

Nice free-kick in ‘91 though.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Any mention of king Kurt gets my vote. A brilliant lower league striker.

As for Deano, love him and always will. He was a fine ball player, and I agree - I actually thought we were okay under him and loved his youth policy... Sam Rents and the like... brave, but they actually played ok as a team... too much Wilkins bashing going on here.

Deano.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here