Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean White...what does he do?

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
What exactly does Dean White do during games? I've noticed his general posture is hands in pockets, guess playing pocket billiards.

He doesn't say much to the team, just stands by the dug out and strolls about.

I know he doesn't do much now Deano's whiteboard and magnets have gone, but I would've thought they'd find something better for him to do, like cutting the oranges or making cups of tea for the half time team talk.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Nothing of substance, that's for sure.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Very little. In order of waste of space I would have him at the top of this list:

Dean White
Ken Brown
Bob Booker
The female member of Gully's family
The yellow and blue member of Gully's family
The unatractive Gully's Girls
Most Withdean Stewards
The No Football Parking Signs around Withdean
The man who makes sure the second half kicks off late every single home match, and quite often does the same for the first half.
Colin Hawkins
The little Argus Stand!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Clearly you lot pay no attention at all, Dean White now runs a repair aerial clinic at Withdean during the game to the left of the dugout.

He now has a desk and a secretary who will book your appointment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would assume that him and BB do a lot between Mon -Fri on the training ground but as I am not there I dont know. I would love somebody who does to tell us what they both do to warrant a very good wage presumably.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am sure someone mentioned to me that part of the reason Dean Wilkins used to watch the game from the stands in the first half was because Dean White wouldn't shut up and Dean Wilkins used to get fed up with it!!

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Clearly you lot pay no attention at all, Dean White now runs a repair aerial clinic at Withdean during the game to the left of the dugout.

He now has a desk and a secretary who will book your appointment.

Shame he can't fix an aerial and tune into the thoughts of most of the people in H Block...

As a season ticket holder since we got to Withdean, and one who travels from Winchester for all games, I'm seriously thinking about not bothering anymore...

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
Dean White seems to walk - keep his hands in his pockets and yes demotivate the players - what else he does only Dick Knight knows as he pays the wages.

He contributed little under Wilkins or Adams couldn't we save his wages or pay it to a player who could contribute something.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'm not sure I agree with all this abuse towards White. I mean, what do any of us really know about what an assistant manager does at any club?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm not sure I agree with all this abuse towards White. I mean, what do any of us really know about what an assistant manager does at any club?

That is my point we can only judge by what we see on a Saturday and that isnt very much so as I said him and BB obviously do a lot between Mon - Fri on the training ground.

Was hoping somebody in the know would post and give a deper insight.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Dean White seems to walk - keep his hands in his pockets and yes demotivate the players - what else he does only Dick Knight knows as he pays the wages.

He contributed little under Wilkins or Adams couldn't we save his wages or pay it to a player who could contribute something.

Excellent idea - don't think Dick would like it too much though

He obviously likes Dean White for reason - still if he went he would have to get his head out of Dick Knight backside:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here