Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Saunders

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Dean Saunders.

Buying a managers coat and pointing the way your team is attacking is not what it takes to be a manager.

I thank you.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Know that feeling. I did the same. On a normal day at 10am I'm still on the sofa in my pants recovering. Today at 10am I was sitting on a train from burgess hill feeling rough as google. And to top it off I had to sit facing backwards. Only god knows how I didn't peuk.

Yep, good call regarding the pants issue! Bad times this early kick off idea. Heroic efforts all round today really.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I heard the interview on the radio.

the way I heard it he was criticising his players lack of quality in their finishing.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I heard the interview on the radio.

the way I heard it he was criticising his players lack of quality in their finishing.

Yep, that was part of it. If their finishing had been up to scratch, they'd have thrashed us, as they were by far the better team was what he basically said.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The easiest game and opponents we've had since the Amex opened and we had nothing to play for while Wolves were supposed to be scrapping for their lives
In fairness KLL did rather ruin the game, with his inconsiderate early goal.

The writing was on the wall, and that just dotted the i's and crossed the t's.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
The Wolves forum comments tonight prove that Dean Saunders was a very unpopular choice - they don't like him - and see through the kind of comments he made after today's game. Most appear to be waiting for him to be sacked. I liked him as an Albion player - but the Wolves fans who have had him for 20 matches as manager don't like what they have seen. Also they are pretty upset that Saunders walked straight down the tunnel at the end (with O'Hara who had no choice) and didn't go to the fans. Not much of a way to build a rapport with your most dedicated, and on today's showing, bloody loyal fans.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not seen this mentioned...I've just seen him on SSN talking about how Wolves dominated the game today, had 8 great chances, whilst we had 3. If this is what he saw then it's no surprise that he has failed so badly there. Wolves were shockingly bad today - it was the easiest three points of the season, and if we'd bothered, we could easily have run up a cricket score.

Old Albion legend and all that, but Oh dear, he talks some utter crap.

been like that from his first game - total bell end of a manager.
No disrespect to the wolves fans who have had to listen to this bollocks after every defeat but they have eyes and they can see what we saw - a side with no hope and worse, not much in the way of genuine effort - talented and skilled as they are their players need to look at themselves but any sort of leadership from Saunders would be a helpful starting point

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Poor old Deano he had a bad day today - he claimed that Vicente scored the second goal ! If only ! :facepalm:

he even qualified it by saying he's been a Spanish international so we should know what he can do.

Easy mistake to make i suppose given that Vic and Kaz both have dark hair.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I thought today was almost a waste of time, the crowd ( including me ) we very quiet.... Last week at Leeds we were great, today !!!! I thought the wolves fans the great considering !!!!! Play offs now so hope we all raise our game.

I really think you must be on a different planet :lol:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
SSN earlier today mentioned that Wolves will still receive a £16 million parachute payment next year in Div 1!! Will they walk it????

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I thought today was almost a waste of time, the crowd ( including me ) we very quiet.... Last week at Leeds we were great, today !!!! I thought the wolves fans the great considering !!!!! Play offs now so hope we all raise our game.

I really think you must be on a different planet :lol:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Our kit man can take a sneaky day off I reckon, just fold the kit neatly from this afternoon's game and it should be okay for next week.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Shame as he was a fantastic player for us. Still can't believe we sold him to Oxford for 60k - we wuz robbed!

move on. It had to be done because of our financial position. We got Wardy, Hart, Zamora, Barnes and loads of other players for next to nothing - swings and roundabouts!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Dean Saunders....very good goal scorer....but a google of a manager...could'nt believe he said that they dominated the game....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Brilliant flasher too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here