Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dean Henderson

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just seems unlikely that Leeds would be interested when Meslier is apparently rated there, plus we would never make any interest public so not sure how The Sun would have any insider information.

If we were interested then likely people around Dean Henderson would know it is the case so get out. Or perhaps Hendersons agent trying to raise awareness

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He has a year and a half left on his contract too, I wonder if he’ll have to pay his way out of it as we’d not get a fee from Australia.

China maybe, actually I think there’s a rule about about foreigners nicking Chinese goalkeeping jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
China maybe, actually I think there’s a rule about about foreigners nicking Chinese goalkeeping jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Chinese league don't allow foreign goalkeepers, they're desperate to improve the quality of their own.

I would very much be in favour of Henderson over Ryan, but not sure there's much value for us in a 6 month loan spell knowing that we'll need a longer term replacement to come in after he's gone back to United. That said, I am very confident that Henderson will be England's number 1 for many years so any chance we have to get him is probably worthwhile!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
In China he'd be a giant.

Joking aside it does seem like teams are now targeting Ryan a bit; get the defenders to pass to him and rush him.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Don't shoot me down, I don't have this officially, but did hear this from a few different people. Apparently Maty Ryan has formally asked to go home to Australia. That kind of makes sense that we are in for a new first choice goalkeeper in January to allow an unhappy Ryan to leave.

There was a vlog with an Aussie journo that touched on his future ambitions where whilst it didn’t necessarily come out that he was desperate for a move back he wasn’t ‘enthused’ about much tbh.

His own personally psychology/temperament seemed a bit lost to me.

Maybe he’s lost his edge and the calling for home is because he’s been away for approaching ten years and he’s had enough of being thousands of miles away?

If that’s the case I’d wish him well and sign a replacement tout de suite.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I imagine that, however professional you are, this has been a very hard year for anyone who's working such a long way from family and friends. Many people have struggled in lockdown even while living in their own neighbourhoods. It must do things to your mindset being on the other side of the planet, with limited options to do anything.

I have no idea whether or not that's the case with Maty but I could certainly feel sympathy for the guy if something like this had led to a request to be released. But it could all be nonsense. We'll see.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Whatever we are paying him it's likely to be a lot more than he'd get in Australia plus could an Aussie club afford the fee?

I know money isn't everything blah blah but at 28 these should be his peak earning years as a pro footballer....

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He needs a loan desperate. So he can force his way in as England no1 for Euros.

He will take any prem guaranteed starting offer I would think.

Id have him in a heart beat

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Great keeper but, unless Ryan being homesick is true, I dont think it is very likely. Loaning a keeper for six months is usually something you do when you have to, not when you want to.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He needs a loan desperate. So he can force his way in as England no1 for Euros.

He will take any prem guaranteed starting offer I would think.

Id have him in a heart beat

Yes, this is the only reason this story is plausible. Pickford's spot is there for the taking.

There are only so many clubs in the market for a keeper in the PL

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Even if Ryan were to accept the vastly lower wages he were offered in the A-League then perhaps a club could scrape together the fee? It would be a big coup to sign the national team keeper in his prime. Seems a bit unlikely though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Bringing a keeper for a 6 month loan will do more harm than good, unless Brighton plan to move Ryan on in the summer and improve. But otherwise I see no benefit in not playing the keeps we currently have.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Everyone assuming it’s a 6 month loan, could be 18 months. In that time Sanchez can get a top half Championship side loan under his belt and Walton can hopefully fully recover.
I’d take Utd’s hand off for Henderson.

Jul 7, 2003
If, and it is a very big if, these stories about Ryan are true, rather than take Henderson on loan I would take Romero as a permanent signing. United are reportedly only asking a couple of million for him and he has always looked good when stepping in for De Gea over the last few years.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I did wonder if this was the case, he seems very close to his family given the amount of times his mum and sister have been over, as well as going back there during lockdown including the 14 day isolation in a hotel. Only 28 though so seems early to be going back to the A-League

Met him and his mum on the tube after Chelsea away. I was a great advert for Albion fans - proper sheebo’d. Started telling his mum what a legend he was before realising it was his mum - thought it was just a random old lady :facepalm: Nah I did hold a nice chat - he was trying to be inconspicuous and was pissed off at the goals we conceded.

Stumpy Tim

If, and it is a very big if, these stories about Ryan are true, rather than take Henderson on loan I would take Romero as a permanent signing. United are reportedly only asking a couple of million for him and he has always looked good when stepping in for De Gea over the last few years.

I suggested this on another thread. It seems quite clear that the club are on the lookout for a new keeper, and Romero makes sense... permanent signing, has a few years only left so pathway for Sanchez, and relatively cheap

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maty is/was always next in line, when other departments on the pitch get their shit together.

He's a Dunk/Duffy 'keeper not a faff around at the back stopper.

I'd be surprised if it was Henderson though, or Utd's third choice.
They all ought to be moving up a slot, if only they'd stop paying dG silly money.

That said with 3 promising talents below Ryan something must give there for Ryan to be replaced, with a new signing, Walton?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here