Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean hammond - ungrateful *wat

Arfurfuxsake

Apr 28, 2008
Littlehampton
I just wanted to urge my fellow fans to not forget last season, when Dean Hammond scored for the scum and ran almost the entire length of the south stand with his hand cupped to his ear. From what I remember there was definately no one slating him from around Block D, or surrounding area, so for him to do this after the Albion faithfull had supported him through the start of his career here, was "out of order"!
This club gave him his opportunity and for him to do that on his first visit back was pure arrogance. He thought he was moving to a big club, but it must be now blatantly obvious to him that he *ucked up!
Dean cox scored for Orient at the Shitdean and done the polite thing and didnt celebrate. Good on him!
I for one, will definately start a few chants at Hammond mainly being "you should have stayed with a big club"
I would have also mentioned something about Dan Harding but he was, and still is so shite that I wont bother, OOps, just did.......soz!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
136 games for his local club and 21 goals

Great player for us, wish he could have stayed. Bit of an idiot when he scored but I will applaud Harding and Hammond for their services to our club in dark days and hope they have poor games.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
He deserves anything he is going to get. His celebration showed a complete lack of respect for the club that developed him as a player and gave him his chance. Personally I won't boo Harding, he did after all come back to train with us for a while and what he did was pretty standard for your modern day footballer!

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
If i remember correctly, dan harding ran the length of the pitch just to celebrate with hammond and put his hand to ear aswell..but hammond is just a complete and utter C@!"

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Remember it well. Also remember how shocked everyone was as we all thought Hammond left on pretty good terms. How to undo a few years work in one moment.

Also remember Pardew was the manager that night and said how impressed he was with Lua Lua afterwards. I hope he has a short memory!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Totally agree - hope that **** Hammond gets all the stick he deserves. Was also heard to be shouting 'f*** OFF' at the South Stand - most bizaare thing was it was completely uncalled for - Harding was booed, Hammond wasn't. I hope Harding accidentally collides with Hammond tommorow and in turn they take out Adkins and all 3 end up in a heap :lol:

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Hammond? One of the most annonymous players ever to wear the stripes. Dick Knight worked wonders to get a fee for him. Harding? Just another mercenary. I hope they enjoy playing their part in the guard of honour for the champions tomorrow. Thanks to Harding we have Painter. Hammond couldn't get into our side. Should have stayed with Havant & Waterlooville.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Arrogant bastards = Southampton, Scum = Crystal Palarse. As for Hammond, I am sure that coming back to us now we are champions, I am sure he'll feel a bit jealous. Serve the idiot right really.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ahhh, Dean "The club need to prove their ambition" Hammond.

Never much rated him as a player, and one of the worst captains we've ever had at Withdean. Frankly I had him nailed as a toe-rag as soon as he came out with all that "ambition" bollocks before he promptly joined an already doomed Colchester and was duley relegated back to our division.

Players move on, we all get that. Just don't treat the fans like a bunch of FLIDS in the process by trying to pretend its about anything other than your wallet.

Tool.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This was also the same January transfer window when we spunked 300,000 on a certain Mr Murray. A not inconsiderable sum for a 3rd division club.

I guess that still wasn't "ambitious" enough for Hammond though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He was a bit hit n miss tho eh? Well remember him scoring a brace @ Withdean v West Ham. Also remember him being sent off there, aiming a kick at a bollard en route to the dressing room - and missing! :lolol:

All in all, no great loss. Ditto Dodgy Dan Harding. About the only thing he had going for him was that he wasn't Kerry f***ing Mayo. Ditto Wilkins. 'Troubled' freak.

Good riddance to the lot of them. :salute:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It wasn't Hammond's first visit back to Withdean, he'd already played against us on Boxing day 2008 for Colchester when Hinshelwood kindly helped them with the worst back pass I've ever seen. There was no booing or problems for him then so anything he got last season was because of what he did himself.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I just wanted to urge my fellow fans to not forget last season, when Dean Hammond scored for the scum and ran almost the entire length of the south stand with his hand cupped to his ear. From what I remember there was definately no one slating him from around Block D, or surrounding area, so for him to do this after the Albion faithfull had supported him through the start of his career here, was "out of order"!
This club gave him his opportunity and for him to do that on his first visit back was pure arrogance. He thought he was moving to a big club, but it must be now blatantly obvious to him that he *ucked up!
Dean cox scored for Orient at the Shitdean and done the polite thing and didnt celebrate. Good on him!
I for one, will definately start a few chants at Hammond mainly being "you should have stayed with a big club"
I would have also mentioned something about Dan Harding but he was, and still is so shite that I wont bother, OOps, just did.......soz!

I didn't realize Hammond had played for Palace?

:facepalm:

twat

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Remember it well. Also remember how shocked everyone was as we all thought Hammond left on pretty good terms. How to undo a few years work in one moment.

this...I was so shocked, it really was unexpected and uncalled for...he will live to regret it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here