Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond - signs one year loan deal (merged)

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
You what, he didn't leave for us you tard. We signed him from Colchester.

Do you know i actually forgot it was Colchester. Just goes to show what a f***ing step back this is. I hope Poyet uses him as a back up and nothing else. Still think we are owed some kind of apology. He must know half of us hate him. He's a Sussex boy after all.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Speechless, I'd prefer to watch Dicker hack it out or Harley give the ball away than see Hammond again. Finding it hard to get behind this decision

jamesy's

Mar 3, 2009
The worst player we could have signed. This will genuinely dampen my enthusiasm for BHAFC. Hammond is a c.unt and I don't use that word lightly. He is scum and I wish him nothing but the worst. I hope he is injured in his first game and sent back. Not only is he a prick, he's a poor player by our standards. Get rid and if Gus can't work it out soon he can f*** off too.

and you call yourself an albion supporter sad sad bloke you are

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Not sure what I think to this. Maybe it's the drink, but loved him when at bha and was gutted when he left. If he can get in the team and play well, then it will be great for us. But he needs to do something to get fans back on his side.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Charlton message boards excited about the prospect all day. Had him lined up to replace Dale Stephens, but then we insanely turned down 2m+ from Villa for Stephens. They signed a guy from Crewe instead and you got Hammond. Strange deadline day at Charlton. No ins and no outs. After making 20 signings last summer (a record Forest may have beaten) 'tis quite a surprise...

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
and you call yourself an albion supporter sad sad bloke you are

No, you don't understand professionalism. . Plenty of players have left us on good terms and got a great reception on their return. Cullip's, Bobby,Charlie etc. Hammond was a prick when he returned. he has a lot of making up to do.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No, he's not. The player has a lot to do to get to the point of home fans not hating him. You are saying that it's ok for your wife to shag someone else and then accept her back without any problem. This is a poorly thought out transfer.

From his original post he is in my opinion and how you can use that analogy is beyond me

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
I love the way people are taking this so personally! Football is theatre, and more often than not, pantomime. A lot lot are happy to dish the dirt to players all day long yet are totally unable to accept anything back.

Yes it was a bad mistake by Hammond that night but it's interesting that he appeared on the Withdean Years DVD - it shows he clearly holds the club with affection.

Only you can choose to be offended or not. I'm sure he will feel uncomfortable about what happened so perhaps an opportunity for some to forgive him and move on.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Idiot. Of course I'm an Albion supporter. That's why I don't want thick as shit dickheads like Hammond disrespecting us and then being welcomed back. Gus has a lot to answer for. Maybe Bloom doesn't know our history as well as he tries to claim.

Calm down dear. ~If he is apologising and adds points to thetable that is what matters.

(although if Murray signed i'd be agreeing with you).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here