Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deal Agreed for Dicker?

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Most of the article from The Argus below is about Owusu but it also says Dicker, Hart and Whing are weighing up offers to stay with the Albion. Do you think this means the fee with the administrators has all been agreed already? Sounds pretty positive to me...

Owusu could still sign

7:30am Thursday 28th May 2009

comment Comments (0) Have your say »
By Brian Owen »

Albion boss Russell Slade is not worried by Lloyd Owusu’s extended stay in Australia.

Top-flight Aussie side Adelaide United believe the experienced striker, whose goals helped the Seagulls beat relegation last term, has thoroughly enjoyed a trial spell Down Under.

Owusu has stayed on for a few extra days at his own expense and flown his partner and young daughter out to join him.

But Albion, who have offered the Cheltenham striker an initial one-year deal with a one-year option, are confident they are not out of the running.

Slade said: “I don’t think the fact he stayed out there for a few days is significant. He’s just enjoying a holiday.

“He has stayed out there longer then we thought but I’m confident we’ll have a decision from him soon.”

The Aussies are believed to have been impressed by Owusu’s efforts in training and believe the striker likes what he has seen of Adelaide, on and off the field.

A decision could come down to whether he believes his family would be happy there.

Gary Dicker, Gary Hart and Andrew Whing are still weighing up offers of new deals to keep them at Withdean.

Meanwhile Albion could miss out on a home friendly in the run up to the new season.

The club are unable to play at home on Saturday, August 1, or the Friday night because of the Pride celebrations.

League action gets under way on August 8 and ideally the Seagulls would like to test themselves on home turf before then.

Reading, Fulham and Ipswich have all visited in the last two summers.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think it just means there is no news. You know what the Argus is like.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The most shocking thing to me about this morning's Argus, was that OGH was still considering the offer?

Surely he must be on holiday in darkest Peru, not to have rushed any signed contract back to RS at the first opportunity.

Lush

Mods' Pet
When trying to persuade decent players to join us, Dick Knight has always made sure that they visit the city as it is a real selling point. I would imagine Adelaide are doing much the same thing.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Meanwhile Albion could miss out on a home friendly in the run up to the new season.

The club are unable to play at home on Saturday, August 1, or the Friday night because of the Pride celebrations.

Bastards! :angry:

Football >>>>>>>>>> Self Interest Groups

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
When trying to persuade decent players to join us, Dick Knight has always made sure that they visit the city as it is a real selling point. I would imagine Adelaide are doing much the same thing.

You've obviously never been to Adelaide? :laugh:

They have these things called "feral bogans" all over the place.

Not sure Lloyd would find them all that appealing.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
what are they "feral Bogans"?

I would have thought that the Stockport administrators would have agreed or turned down the deal by now after all its over a week since we made the offer, and surely its there job to raise money as quickly as possible to save the club and pay off the creditors.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

League action gets under way on August 8 and ideally the Seagulls would like to test themselves on home turf before then.

Sunday 2nd is OK then?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What the f*** is a "feral bogan"

other than an anagram of "beg for anal" that is...

:lolol:

Kinda like a cross between a southern american redneck and a chav but with Steve Irwin like accents.

And doing burnouts in shitbox cars is one of their favourite activities.

uber_bogan_invite.jpg

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Are we going to have this problem with gay pride when we moved to Falmer?

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
Is a 'bogan' the new name for a 'hoon' - I think that's what this species were called then back in mid 80's Geelong.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
The most shocking thing to me about this morning's Argus, was that OGH was still considering the offer?

Surely he must be on holiday in darkest Peru, not to have rushed any signed contract back to RS at the first opportunity.

I would rather he didn't sign it. Had 3 good games in as many years. Think we can do much better than him and really can't see him playing

D

Deleted User X18H

I have said it before and I will say it again Council Tax paying Brightonians do not want Pride in its current format!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here