Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deadline day: how many in and how many out?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'd be happy with none in or out to be honest. Sure, I know we're looking for another forward player, but if we can't get better than we already have, we shouldn't bother.

We'd still have the strongest squad I can ever remember us having.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Given that Stephens wants away, and his value must diminish as he gets nearer to his end of contract.,the club might be wise to consider a bid of £7 mill or more. We had the experience of Vicente who we hauled back to honour a clause in his contract, but he never showed his best during the extra year that we insisted on. It would be a real job of man management and motivation if C H can get the best out of him.
It is all very well to be resolute and insist on our contractual rights , but everyone has their price.....

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
No more outs either though so we hung on to what we wanted. This may change of course over the next 8 hours but we have to remain positive. We have kept the team in tact, no major changes to upset the balance or flow and we stood up against the Premier teams all be it with a pathetic offer for one of our top players. Am I deflated, a litte, however am I realist definitely, We will be linked and linked with world class players again and again but we simply cannot compete with some of the parachute. In Tony and Chris I trust and I am looking forward to seeing where this gets us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd be happy with none in or out to be honest. Sure, I know we're looking for another forward player, but if we can't get better than we already have, we shouldn't bother.

We'd still have the strongest squad I can ever remember us having.
'Better than we already have' means better than Elvis, who is now 4th choice striker.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
[tweet]770982308123906048[/tweet]

kgface.gif

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Not just Albion wanting to hold onto their best players. Same stumbling block in reverse with a couple of striker targets.

This is actually what Andy just said, so it still isnt a closed book

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Interesting to see the club have realised an article in the past few moments about our transfer dealings 'to date'

I read that as unfinished business. Let's see.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Ha ha :lol: Shocking, very unlikely this squad will make the autos, be lucky to even make the play offs.

Based on the fact we have improved the squad from last year, kept our good players (so far), top scorers in the league, and came third, you think we will not make the play offs?. Can you get anymore negative?, sometimes our fans never cease to amaze me. Good window for me and happy that we have a team/squad to compete with most of the teams, we can not and will not be able to match the likes of Villa, Newcastle and Norwich, as they have about £80 million more than us, but can assure you we are better than the rest.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Interesting to see the club have realised an article in the past few moments about our transfer dealings 'to date'

I read that as unfinished business. Let's see.
Or that they want the fans to think the window without a striker hasn't been that bad after all

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I see the official seagulls homepage has overhyped our transfer activity. We bought ONE player (DUFF)!. two loanees. Murray and now Pocognoli and three under 23 players.
hardly exciting!.
What happend to the £8milllion they were going to fork out on one player (now at norwich)
I really had my hopes up when I heard that!. It's all gone flat since then.

I see Burnley paid out £10Million for Hendrick, They don't value stephens much then.

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Based on the fact we have improved the squad from last year, kept our good players (so far), top scorers in the league, and came third, you think we will not make the play offs?. Can you get anymore negative?, sometimes our fans never cease to amaze me. Good window for me and happy that we have a team/squad to compete with most of the teams, we can not and will not be able to match the likes of Villa, Newcastle and Norwich, as they have about £80 million more than us, but can assure you we are better than the rest.

It's not about being negative, barring our inability (once again) to secure a striker I think our squad is very good. Sadly for us Norwich, Villa, Newcastle have money to throw around and all have good managers, I expect them to all finish above us. Sheffield Wednesday have started slowly but they've also strengthened in many areas, Wolves are bringing in some very good players also, and at some point I fully expect Pearson to get his Derby team singing from the same hymn sheet. That's a realistic top six without having mentioned Fulham (money to burn) and Huddersfield who have both started very well.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I think we will end up selling Stephens and use that money for a No.10..
If I am wrong, I am still pretty happy with our squad, as long as Stephens plays to his best ability.. Would have been nice to have one more No.10, though..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here