Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dead Man falls from sky in Clapham...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Maybe - if it is deemed especially essential to come up with a foodstuff based comparison, describe the effects of a falling to earth, of the frozen corpse of the unfortunate victim of a tragic event :shrug:

The alternative of not doing so at all, was also open to you.

i think we are getting above ourselves here.....this is a football forum after all , i have dealt with a fair bit of personal tragedy during my 53 years on the planet , the result of which is i have a pretty sick sense of humour and am virtually impossible to offend.

On a very recent visit home i lost count of how many times i heard " you gotta be so careful what you say these days " it really is a shame , as think semi satanical sense of humour is the only way a lot of people are going to get through what the current govt. is putting them through........all this p.c bollux is yet another diversion.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Do we know the type of aircraft involved - there is another possibility he may have died from crush injuries shortly after take-off.
The housing for landing gear looks very spacious when the gear is down [aircraft on the ground] but when they all fold up and in and the doors close, most modern aircraft don't leave much space, almost certainly not enough for an adult male.

Either way, a grim end ....

Boeing 787

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a sad state of affairs all round. Sad waste of life, i presume but dont know he had family maybe relatives who are sad . Quite possibly im wrong on that.
I feel more sorry for the fact he didnt realise he would die in this endeavour. We can take the piss at how stupid a decision this was, and it is stupid, but we do it from a lofty position of having been educated in this country to know roughly about temperatures at such a height and that the chances of survival of doing this stowaway crossing are zero.
This poor bloke didnt know. Not his fault, not our fault either.
If ever there was a lesson that education is paramount to help everyone not just those in Africa this is sadly it

Ps yes dark humour in situations like this is not offensive,we have always dealt with adverse situations with dark humour and always will

On a point of pedants about 1 in 4 people who take this risk survive, according to an article I read today.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On a very recent visit home i lost count of how many times i heard " you gotta be so careful what you say these days " it really is a shame , as think semi satanical sense of humour is the only way a lot of people are going to get through what the current govt. is putting them through........all this p.c bollux is yet another diversion.

I guess you hang around with a certain “type” of person then? Literally, no one has ever said the same to me.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
What a sad state of affairs all round. Sad waste of life, i presume but dont know he had family maybe relatives who are sad . Quite possibly im wrong on that.
I feel more sorry for the fact he didnt realise he would die in this endeavour. We can take the piss at how stupid a decision this was, and it is stupid, but we do it from a lofty position of having been educated in this country to know roughly about temperatures at such a height and that the chances of survival of doing this stowaway crossing are zero.
This poor bloke didnt know. Not his fault, not our fault either.
If ever there was a lesson that education is paramount to help everyone not just those in Africa this is sadly it

Ps yes dark humour in situations like this is not offensive,we have always dealt with adverse situations with dark humour and always will

Was having this very conversation at lunch today.

It is so easy for us to think what a bad decision it was, but in order to do that this guy must be desperate and have little knowledge of the risks

We also mused as to whether the man who was sunbathing would sue the airline/Nairobi airport for failing to protect him, mental trauma etc. and end up in an even more expensive house. Meanwhile if the man (who died) had a family at home they would likely not be aware that they could be entitled to some form of compensation (failure to protect/keep him away from the plane). They would also miss out on any money he may send home.

As a result the poor get poorer and rich get richer which just leads to these types of situations.

*It is worth noting a lot of assumptions went in to this idle chat on a walk at lunchtime!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I guess you hang around with a certain “type” of person then? Literally, no one has ever said the same to me.

I thought exactly the same, but decided I just couldn't be ARSED.

pointless.....this conversation is over.

the group of 9 that had a day trip to London were mostly sussex blokes in their early 50's , one from Oldham , one from Newcastle , all in full time employment , all professionals 4 of them would probably employ around 60 people between them , 3 of them are members of this board but don't post as there are too many "up tight" people on here......if the cap fits boys.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here