Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi: 'We deserved to lose...I understood the problem in January!"

phoenix

May 18, 2009
This, I think the problem with the Caicedo transfer was that the money offered was so ridiculous that he was sold sooner than planned. The succession plan ended up a little out of whack and we have a bit of a hole.

But anyone who thinks we should have turned down the bid is out of their minds.
yes apparently £200 million according to some.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I've let go i love nsc and enjoy the banter as long as it is banter. So im all oand say hi k we move on chaps.
Perhaps a certin mod can send a hello and say hi no need for apoligies either way and we move on all as friends and all forgotten . Yes i realise they have a hard job and generally do it very well (y)

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
i dont know what the issues are but the team clearly doesnt click as well as it did before. blaming transfers cant be it when we still have 70-odd possession and cant score, with the same forwards and tactics. maybe that's the problem, too predictable and easy for the opposition to counter.
Possession football is really too wide a description , in some games we have played possession football but flowed forward very quickly (Luton /Wolves/Newcastle) in others (often where the possession figure is very high) the game has been more turgid with dunk & Van Hecke racking up the passes but getting no where. This in itself is a gross simplification of what has happened not taking into account 10 men behind the ball tactics etc but to me we (and some fans) have become obsessed with possession as a means to itself as opposed as a means to an end and yes it can be very sterile and predictable. Yes we have been greatly hampered by injuries BUT we have still played better against better teams which seems to indicate injuries are not the main issue.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Our squad even with injuries is better than the teams that are drawing/beating us for the most part. He can talk about transfer policy all he wants but it's on him to fix this. We've been terrible for months in front of goal and every game recently is the same, watching us keep the ball and move it slowly and trying to pass it in.
Neither Hinshelwood nor Buonanotte would have played had we not had injuries and both have been excellent also had all our forwards been fit then Pedro would have had less games.... There have been lots of injuries but that has also opened up opportunities for others.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
He’s wilfully misunderstood or misquoted almost every post that makes him look bad, while not doing the same with others. That’s what Trump does - whose support you put on ignore.
Just leave it please i'm rising above the He's bit let's be friends. 🙏 (y)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Assume DeZerbi agreed to loan out of Undav without Jan return option and even more strange why let Dahoud out when he new Bloom would not agree to further players

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Assume DeZerbi agreed to loan out of Undav without Jan return option and even more strange why let Dahoud out when he new Bloom would not agree to further players
Agreed Dahoud could still do a job.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He’s wilfully misunderstood or misquoted almost every post that makes him look bad, while not doing the same with others. That’s what Trump does - whose support you put on ignore.
I'll PM you.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
All of us, fans, Tony, RDZ are frustrated because we are well aware if what might have been thus season. RDZ rotated massively in the early months because of what was to be a punishable schedule of games. Much more than other teams facing a similar number of fixtures. He did this I guess, in order not to burn players out, and keep them fresh. How was he rewarded for this strategy ? The worst injury crisis this club had ever known. March, playing out of his skin, out for the season in injury time at City after covering at LB because we had noone else fit to play there. His 'partner in crime' on the other wing Mitoma, one of the most potent attackers in the league injured as well, then goes to the Asian Cup, plays one game, then out for the rest of the season. Enciso, one of the revelations of last season, out for 6 months. Fatigue, an expensive loan, out for 3 months. All at the same time. This seasons revelation, Hinshelwood, out for the season too. Then our top scorer gets injured too, out for several weeks. I know other teams suffer injuries, but ours have been on a different level. I believe we could easily have been challenging for top 4, and still in the FA Cup with any semblance of a normal level of injuries. We could have had another historical season. It's not looking likely now, and whilst I agree RDZ could and should have been more flexible he has had to do his job with one hand tied behind his back. I have witnessed the most entertaining football I have ever watched the last couple of seasons and he has delivered something no other manager has. I hope he stays for a lot longer. I hope he also thinks what might have been, and therefore what could be next season, with hopefully no sales and some squad strengthening too
The main point you are making is something I have been trying to explain to fans of other teams at my work. It's not sheer numbers - but the positions in which we have had the injuries, and the importance of the player - and the timings. Just as we looked as though we might be getting good again we lose Hinshelwood, Pedro and Mitoma. Those three could have seen six points instead of one, and us through to an FA Cup QF in the last week.
Fati, not fatigue obviously, didn't proofread !!
Yes - but it's a pretty good error, and best left alone! In a report about a footpath I mentioned a 'crossing pint' instead of a 'crossing point'. The error was far better than the correct version.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
The Dewsbury Hall move was an odd one. Assume we had positive noises from player and agent, and an idea of what Leicester would accept. Unusual for something so public ending up having no legs at all

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
i dont know what the issues are but the team clearly doesnt click as well as it did before. blaming transfers cant be it when we still have 70-odd possession and cant score, with the same forwards and tactics. maybe that's the problem, too predictable and easy for the opposition to counter.
I tend to agree but we also don't have the same goalscorers. Missing Mitoma and March is a double blow because they could set the forwards up ( just look at the dry spell Ferguson is having without them) and they were also tearing up defences and scoring plenty themselves. What RDZ has been warning about is the lack of depth in the squad, but by the same token is this then this just showing him up as a one-trick pony, he can't adapt his style of play no matter the circumstances, given the fact that we have lost crucial players for our style of game why are we still persisting with it. As to becoming too predictable, this worried me last season, with a fully fit squad it doesn't seem to matter against attacking sides but clearly is why we are losing badly to teams like Everton and Luton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here