[Albion] De Zerbi was NOT “sacked”

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'Mutual Agreement' when it comes to football managers covers a multitude of meanings, most of which are football-speak for 'sacked'. In our particular case, it clearly meant what it said on the tin. The owner and the head coach clearly agreed to disagree and parted on (so far as such a thing is possible) amicable terms

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
'Mutual Agreement' when it comes to football managers covers a multitude of meanings, most of which are football-speak for 'sacked'. In our particular case, it clearly meant what it said on the tin. The owner and the head coach clearly agreed to disagree and parted on (so far as such a thing is possible) amicable terms
Credit to both for the way it’s been done too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can't remember which game it was but in the post-match interview RDZ said it was club policy to play younger players and Baleba wasn't ready yet.

Very rash and stupid statement as clearly not true and to me that was the beginning of the end.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Can't remember which game it was but in the post-match interview RDZ said it was club policy to play younger players and Baleba wasn't ready yet.

Very rash and stupid statement as clearly not true and to me that was the beginning of the end.
I partly remember that...and was a bit surprised he said it. Maybe his English wasn't nuanced enough....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I partly remember that...and was a bit surprised he said it. Maybe his English wasn't nuanced enough....
It was after the Palace away game

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This.

Not sure why people want to dish out blame all the time (the notorious 'Bloom untrustworthy' thread, and all the other 'RDZ is a a selfish egotist' bolleaux).

It is possible to have an amicable break up.

That said....one side has to be the one to reach tipping-point first and, for what it is worth (which is nothing, since nobody will ever know the truth) I expect it was the club in the present case. Which, by definition, means RDZ was sacked. But.....in a lovely way.

Brains limited to binary thinking. Plus some shit stirrers, wanting to get others to join them in hating RDZ.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh yes he was. ….

IMG_2271.jpeg

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I had suggested on one of the RDZ threads whether some of the squad wouldn’t be totally upset with the departure based on the perceived demands he puts on the squad.

Here we are

Explains why the players “lost motivation” despite qualifying for Europe still being a possibility.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Glad this is coming out now. Suspected RDZ was a wrong'un. Better off without the bully.
You only have Pedro's say so. No-one knows what was happening in the camp. Just because one player says something doesn't mean it's gospel.

It's like people who share stuff in Facebook without looking into it. Grinds me gears.

They were fine the previous season.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Bit of speculation, but I wonder if he lost some players or a faction of the squad during the end of his reign.

Our form was abysmal, and he couldn't recover it.

I'm glad he's gone to be fair. I never really warmed to the bloke, but his first season was just the perfect set of circumstances - he was the right man at the right time.

I think this season would have been a disaster if he stayed.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I had suggested on one of the RDZ threads whether some of the squad wouldn’t be totally upset with the departure based on the perceived demands he puts on the squad.

Here we are

I wonder if there may be something in the rumours that Roberto and João Pedro came to blows in training?

All in the past now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports