Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] De Zerbi to Chelsea?

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
I really hope RDZ goes to Chelski. His one dimensial tactics have been found out and Chelski would have to pay us compensation if the reports are true. One win in the last 14 PL matches. RDZ is an idealist manager with one way of playing and no plan B. Can't adapt to make the best use of fit players available to play.

Chelski; the club that just keeps on giving!

I guess you can't argue with the outcome of what he did at Leicester, but with the strongest squad he had a bit of a wobble towards the end there

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Nobody here taking to the barricades in defence of poor Leicester losing their manager, like some seemed to be with Ipswich then? Leicester are likely to be facing a points deduction, so are probably already in a worse position than US hedge fund owned Ipswich. I suppose that their financial situation meant that they couldn't throw a new contract at their manager, but just had to take the compensation.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I asked AI to look into the future for me:
Brighton & Hove Albion 5 - 0 Chelsea: Potter’s Masterclass Leaves Maresca Reeling Amex Stadium, Brighton, May 28, 2024
In a stunning display of attacking prowess, Graham Potter’s Brighton & Hove Albion dismantled Enzo Maresca’s Chelsea, leaving the Italian manager’s job security hanging by a thread. The Seagulls dominated from start to finish, showcasing the scintillating football that has become their trademark under Potter’s guidance.
First Half: A Ruthless Brighton
The Amex Stadium erupted as the home team took control early on. Moises Caicedo, the Ecuadorian midfield dynamo, opened the scoring with a thunderous strike from 25 yards out. The ball swerved past Chelsea’s goalkeeper, leaving him rooted to the spot. The Seagulls continued to press, exploiting gaps in Chelsea’s defense.
Marc Cucurella doubled the lead with a well-placed header, capitalizing on a pinpoint cross from Leandro Trossard. The Belgian winger was a constant menace down the left flank, tormenting Chelsea’s right-back. Pascal Gross added insult to injury, converting a penalty after a clumsy challenge inside the box. The halftime scoreline read 3-0 in favor of Brighton.
Second Half: Brighton Run Riot
The second half saw no respite for Chelsea. Potter’s tactical acumen was on full display as he unleashed his attacking trio—Trossard, Gross, and Neal Maupay. The French striker, who had been quiet in the first half, sprang to life. His deft touch and clinical finishing left Chelsea’s defense in disarray.
Maupay bagged a brace, both goals coming from intricate build-up play. The first was a delightful chip over the onrushing goalkeeper, while the second was a powerful header from a corner. The Amex faithful chanted, “You’re getting sacked in the morning,” aimed squarely at Maresca.
Maresca’s Dilemma
As the final whistle blew, Chelsea players trudged off the pitch, heads down. Maresca cut a frustrated figure on the touchline. His team had been outplayed in every department. The defeat raised serious questions about his ability to lead the Blues. Rumors swirled that Chelsea’s board was already considering alternatives.
Potter’s Legacy
For Brighton, this victory was more than just three points. It was a testament to Graham Potter’s transformative tenure. From record-breaking wins against top clubs to nurturing young talent, Potter had left an indelible mark. As the fans celebrated, they knew they were witnessing history—the end of an era and the beginning of a new chapter.
Final Score: Brighton & Hove Albion 5 (Caicedo, Cucurella, Gross, Maupay x2) - 0 Chelsea
Man of the Match: Leandro Trossard (Brighton)
I assume Caicedo and Cucurella's goals were own goals since they play for Chelsea? Or is Potter going to bring them home (along with Trossard and Maupay)? And maybe ignore the date too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here