Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] De Zerbi to Chelsea?

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
The Athletic, not The Guardian. Probably the most reliable journalist there is on this type of story as he seems to only deal in facts. Covering himself though with ‘known options’, suggesting he believes there may be others but hasn’t been able to get it confirmed.
I may be too old to know, but I have never heard of The Athletic. Does he have a 100% record then? If he doesn't I will still have my suspicions with Chelsea tapping up Roberto.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I may be too old to know, but I have never heard of The Athletic. Does he have a 100% record then? If he doesn't I will still have my suspicions with Chelsea tapping up Roberto.
Nobody has a 100% record" as this is inevitably a world of secrets and lies, but David Ornstein is a very reputable journalist, and The Athletic a very reputable publication.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
You wonder if that news had come out earlier in the season, he'd have bitten his lip a bit more and stayed on. A good next season with Brighton and no mouthing off would have put him in strong contention.
Only if you didn’t buy into “the no plan B” and “found out” discussions

We’ll see if he goes to Chelsea, where he would have the players so no excuses if they get the occasional hammering. Going to be interesting/funny/depressing if he does end up there either way

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They have a shortlist of 4 and Roberto is 1 of them(apparently).
Ornstein reckons it’s between Maresca and Frank.

When it comes down to it, the Chelsea management and fans need to ‘take’ a manager from elsewhere. We’ve already separated from RDZ; they’d be none of that warm feeling of disenfranchising others that Chelsea enjoy so much if they take him on.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
If we sacked him, why do we stand to get £5m compensation rather than paying up his contract? Doesn’t make sense.
For a start, we did not sack him, the board and he came to a mutual agreement to allow his contract to be torn up and a clause was inserted into the new agreement whereby ‘if another premier league rival’ were to employ him the clause would be activated and reduced compensation would become liable by the employing club. Quite simple really and difficult to understand the confusion this is causing some folk on here.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
What makes me laugh is the stick Hughton gets on here from some. The only genuine manager we’ve had since the Amex. Yes he had no choice to play defensive but what a gentleman.
Absolutely, but are you forgetting the brilliant football we played for the two seasons leading up to the promotion to the premier league, maybe it was only against championship opposition but defensive it wasn’t, more scintillating attacking flair IMHO.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
IMG_3958.jpeg

BBC reporting De Zerbi keen on Chelsea

Ornstein reckons it’s between Maresca and Frank.

When it comes down to it, the Chelsea management and fans need to ‘take’ a manager from elsewhere. We’ve already separated from RDZ; they’d be none of that warm feeling of disenfranchising others that Chelsea enjoy so much if they take him on.
I was talking about possibility of Manchester City should Pep leave🙂

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Andy Naylor writes for The Athletic.

Over to you.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Okay thank you, so he will be factual the.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For a start, we did not sack him, the board and he came to a mutual agreement to allow his contract to be torn up and a clause was inserted into the new agreement whereby ‘if another premier league rival’ were to employ him the clause would be activated and reduced compensation would become liable by the employing club. Quite simple really and difficult to understand the confusion this is causing some folk on here.
I know we didn’t. That was the point I was making.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here