[Football] De Zerbi to Chelsea?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Lots of people judging Potter by his shortcomings when he was here last.
That is understandable but a lot has happened since then , for him and the club.
He is an intelligent guy and will probably come back a different manager.
And he will be refreshed.
It would be a strong choice imo. Although hopefully we will find somewhere even better.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
In the conversation but it's unrealistic. The betting market is tiny for Brighton managers and some here are getting carried away because of it. I will be very angry if he returns and I reckon most Albion fans feel the same.
I would really struggle to get myself down to the Amex, before we renewed ST’s I really wish they had mentioned oh by the way Potter will be back for next season 😡 🤣

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If he goes to Chelsea it is very much their gain and our loss.
He will get them playing and will be up there challenging. Can’t blame him either, this is no where near what Potter did.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not sure about most. Can’t really see any sign the majority of fans would kick off against anything Bloom eventually decided
Most Brighton fans support Bloom of course. If he was appointed I would get behind him but it wouldn't stop me being angry and disappointed with the (awful) appointment.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sorry? After we binned him off he’s not meant to work again because it will put a downer on your day?
IFhe had Chelsea lined up then it’s worse behaviour than Potter when he left. We may never know though.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I don’t give a shit if he goes to Chelsea but if was tapped up during the season and emboldened to behave like he did it because of it it makes a mockery of his luvvie dovie bye bye last weekend.

I hope I have got this very wrong because if I haven’t it’ll make him.. well you decide.

I’d find it very strange for the club to be so calm about it if he was tapped up though.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
1000002660.png

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
If he goes to Chelsea it is very much their gain and our loss.
He will get them playing and will be up there challenging. Can’t blame him either, this is no where near what Potter did.

Not a chance.

He's not that good of a manager. It's become apparent that GP was the superior manager all along.

The Premier League couldn't handle RDZ when he first joined us, picking up GPs momentum with his ambitious football and firing us in to Europe.

In the 2nd season teams just learnt from experience how to defend against us. He essentially got found out and didn't have a plan B.

The same will happen at Chelsea. He will be sacked before Christmas, I absolutely guarantee it.

GP however will join us and have a willingness to learn and adapt. Something that the rigid, stubborn RDZ never had, and was his downfall here and will be his downfall at Chelsea.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not a chance.

He's not that good of a manager. It's become apparent that GP was the superior manager all along.

The Premier League couldn't handle RDZ when he first joined us, picking up GPs momentum with his ambitious football and firing us in to Europe.

In the 2nd season teams just learnt from experience how to defend against us. He essentially got found out and didn't have a plan B.

The same will happen at Chelsea. He will be sacked before Christmas, I absolutely guarantee it.

GP however will join us and have a willingness to learn and adapt. Something that the rigid, stubborn RDZ never had, and was his downfall here and will be his downfall at Chelsea.
Firmly and strongly disagree.
RDZ is a far superior manager to GPott and that is coming from someone who really liked Potter and his style of play. RDZ will wins titles / trophies

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Can anyone explain to me why we agreed this mutual thing when we could have just held on to him for a couple of weeks and got the full compensation?!
Did we think he wouldn't have interest from other clubs?
I think the club wanted to avoid several weeks of thinly veiled threats, fans vs board polemics and Fabrizio Romano shithouser and felt that it was worth £5m.

He was creating a rift between club and fans to keep his reputation intact while making himself impossible at the club. It was a well played romance scam, and he won: he's getting the money and attention while keeping his love and status.

I have no doubts that Chelsea fans will love him as well.
Some people are good at using their, umm..., "charismatic" traits in a way that makes them look very good and desirable.

It was still a good appointment overall - we brought in a guy who had people feel "oh he's so cool and mystic and surely a genius" which gave the right injection of energy and inspiration at the right time.

But we had to get out. A professional football club can't have a manager who saying "I'm going to do the job I'm paid to do if I wake up happy", "my players aren't motivated", "we cant win, score or defend because we sold Roberto Sanchez and some other lads a year ago".
People have to look past their emotions and understand that the club had no option but to get rid of him.

I genuinely look forward to his time in Chelsea because I don't think there's a job outside of rural Italy that he could hold down for more than two years. If he's allowed to bring in all the Igors and Dahouds he can find - even better!'

IFhe had Chelsea lined up then it’s worse behaviour than Potter when he left. We may never know though.
Bit of a mad conspiratorial stretch that. Chelsea are interested in him because he’s a superb manager not because they’ve been fiendishly planning this for 6 months like some comic book super villain

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not a chance.

Potter is not coming back
Not a chance.

Got Swansea to mid table

Got Brighton to mid table(eventually)

Left Chelsea in a mess

And that’s your idea of a great manager?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports