[Football] De Zerbi to Chelsea?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I just don’t want him to go to another Premier League side, why can’t he find a team in Italy? Also, are Chelsea going to want his large team that he takes everywhere?
Poch brought people with him including his son, a fitness coach/sports scientist. So I assume they've all left.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
People losing their shit on twitter over this supposed development

He is no longer ours. He has gone. Bloom and barber effectively sacked him by obviously not wanting to finance his smbitions

Move on

Although it could be regarded as careless that our two favourite managers in the last couple of years have possibly both up sticks and gone to Chelsea couldn’t it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If this is true then my contempt for him is off the scale. Didn’t even manage two years with us and essentially forced an exit, anyone saying otherwise is being incredibly naive.
Or maybe in January he saw injuries to key players and approached the board for new blood to replace our two best midfielders going previously and injuries decimating our front line squad and was told to play the youngsters instrad

But of course NONE OF US KNOW THE REAL REASONS THEY FELL OUT

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I just don’t want him to go to another Premier League side, why can’t he find a team in Italy? Also, are Chelsea going to want his large team that he takes everywhere?
What?

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I would absolutely love for RDZ to go to Chelsea, and pay us even more money for a manager we've just let go anyway, it would be hilarious.

RDZ is massively overrated by most of our fans. He's a good manager, when things are going his way... but he's a long way from being a top manager, as is evident by his stubborn tactics and questionable motivational skills.

Potter is a better manager than RDZ, and always has been.

If RDZ goes to Chelsea, I suspect he'll be sacked before Christmas.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Or maybe in January he saw injuries to key players and approached the board for new blood to replace our two best midfielders going previously and injuries decimating our front line squad and was told to play the youngsters instrad

But of course NONE OF US KNOW THE REAL REASONS THEY FELL OUT
This is true so let’s base it on facts. What is fact is in interview after interview RDZ made critical comments of the clubs recruitment and made comments about needing to get clarity from Tony Bloom on ‘the plan’. Can you think of any other PL manager as critical of his employers as RDZ. I can’t.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I have nothing but respect for RDZ. Quite extraordinary however for Chelsea to appoint a former Brighton manager with no big team experience, see it go so terribly wrong and then repeat it again!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is true so let’s base it on facts. What is fact is in interview after interview RDZ made critical comments of the clubs recruitment and made comments about needing to get clarity from Tony Bloom on ‘the plan’. Can you think of any other PL manager as critical of his employers as RDZ. I can’t.
We never know as most managers are not as high profile as RDZ was. In the same vane I can’t remember a club selling off their two best assets and not replacing them and then as players were dropping like flies, still not replacing them when a transfer window was open.

But hey. What do we know. We are just fans

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Makes no sense at all. RDZ is in need of a new job. If he views this as a good opportunity, he should take it. We're not holy.

I hate Chelsea for poaching "all" of our staff and players. And the behaviour their leadership shows towards smaller clubs like us, like when they unsettled Caicedo.

Attacking former players and staff for choosing the wrong job? Why? What makes you entitled to rule over other peoples career choices?

Booing Caicedo and Cucurella for sulking their way out of Brighton is diffeerent.
But De Zerbi sulked his way out too, between the Roma and Villa matches 🤷‍♂️

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
People losing their shit on twitter over this supposed development

He is no longer ours. He has gone. Bloom and barber effectively sacked him by obviously not wanting to finance his smbitions

Move on

Although it could be regarded as careless that our two favourite managers in the last couple of years have possibly both up sticks and gone to Chelsea couldn’t it?
If we sacked him, why do we stand to get £5m compensation rather than paying up his contract? Doesn’t make sense.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Do they like a manger that is outspoken towards owners/board?
There were specific reasons why he got frustrated at Brighton.
they don’t apply at moneybags Chelsea.
also he isn’t necessarily a moaner for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If we sacked him, why do we stand to get £5m compensation rather than paying up his contract? Doesn’t make sense.
But if he resigned he wouldn’t get any anyway. I agree it’s all a bit strange.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
I would absolutely love for RDZ to go to Chelsea, and pay us even more money for a manager we've just let go anyway, it would be hilarious.

RDZ is massively overrated by most of our fans. He's a good manager, when things are going his way... but he's a long way from being a top manager, as is evident by his stubborn tactics and questionable motivational skills.

Potter is a better manager than RDZ, and always has been.

If RDZ goes to Chelsea, I suspect he'll be sacked before Christmas.
In which case they will be at our door again for our next appointment and causing further issues.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Can anyone explain to me why we agreed this mutual thing when we could have just held on to him for a couple of weeks and got the full compensation?!
Did we think he wouldn't have interest from other clubs?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Can anyone explain to me why we agreed this mutual thing when we could have just held on to him for a couple of weeks and got the full compensation?!
Did we think he wouldn't have interest from other clubs?
Presumably because the club wanted to get it over and done with as quickly and smoothly as possible, and valued the benefits of that over a few million pounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports