Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] De Zerbi to Chelsea?

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
You really don’t think he was tapped up before, if this does happen?
Possible, but my anger goes towards Chelsea. Not RDZ

I could however be a bit annoyed by the way he's behaved since january, but that kind of sulking doesn't suit me.

I appreciate we've got a rivalery going on with us and Chelsea now. But I kind of think it would be good for us as a club and even as a brand. It's like we've upgraded from Palace =)

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
If this anonymous V person (who could be a Chelsea physio - because he deleted the account after that accusation was made) is right - and obviously it could be all bollocks....

Then Chelsea have tapped up RDZ over time. He couldn't leave mid season because that was in his contract, but the start of their interest possibly coincides with his attitude changing, the players picking up on it and a string of poor results. The idea suggested, is that he wanted the club to agree to mutual consent parting.

Chelsea on the other hand didn't want to look like they had poached another member of staff from Brighton so spread a list of names round that their fans would find uninspiring so that they'd be delighted when RDZ's name finally came up.

If this all comes to pass, then it would make Potter a bloody saint in comparison. And Roberto would be a massive hypocrite after publicly calling out the likes of Trossard and Sanchez for downing tools and with his "you can't buy our soul" type lines.

I hope none of it is true.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good luck to Roberto if he goes to Chelsea. I wish him all the best. He was a brilliant manager for BHAFC

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
If this anonymous V person (who could be a Chelsea physio - because he deleted the account after that accusation was made) is right - and obviously it could be all bollocks....

Then Chelsea have tapped up RDZ over time. He couldn't leave mid season because that was in his contract, but the start of their interest possibly coincides with his attitude changing, the players picking up on it and a string of poor results. The idea suggested, is that he wanted the club to agree to mutual consent parting.

Chelsea on the other hand didn't want to look like they had poached another member of staff from Brighton so spread a list of names round that their fans would find uninspiring so that they'd be delighted when RDZ's name finally came up.

If this all comes to pass, then it would make Potter a bloody saint in comparison. And Roberto would be a massive hypocrite after publicly calling out the likes of Trossard and Sanchez for downing tools and with his "you can't buy our soul" type lines.

Who knows? I'm not going to base my emotional life on some rumour on X.

Plus I believe crying about the past looks childish and will hurt the club

It is. Potter was part of an exciting new project on The Kings Road. Their subsequent ransacking of Brighton AND the fact that everyone knows they’re overseeing a shit show AND trying to manipulate rules means that if DeZerbi rocks up there - he deserves to rot in f***ing hell.
Bit harsh last bit? We let Roberto go, he didn't walk. He wanted different vision which we wouldn't give. He's a free agent so can do whatever he likes......No.. but, if he was tapped, then maybe he can😡😡

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

If RDZ was appointed by Chelsea then the truth will come out. I'll wait for that and assume all is rubbish until proven otherwise.

What I will say is that I have been very unimpressed by RDZ since the start of the year. Not least gobbing off regularly.

Whatever he claimed, he never struck me as a manager that would hang around. Interestingly, if the RDZ form from taking over last season had been reflected across the whole term we wouldn't have qualified for Europe but finished one place above Potter's previous finish.

I liked him, but never saw him as the Messiah. Whether he was a very naughty boy remains to be seen.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Makes no sense at all. RDZ is in need of a new job. If he views this as a good opportunity, he should take it. We're not holy.

I hate Chelsea for poaching "all" of our staff and players. And the behaviour their leadership shows towards smaller clubs like us, like when they unsettled Caicedo.

Attacking former players and staff for choosing the wrong job? Why? What makes you entitled to rule over other peoples career choices?

Booing Caicedo and Cucurella for sulking their way out of Brighton is diffeerent.
I don’t care if RDZ, Potter, ETH, Rydström or anyone else earn a billion or two if they go from one club to another. Same goes for players. But, if this is true, if if if, you don’t behave like that, pulling your ”my ambition is bigger than yours card”, just to get out of here. He didn’t last two years … no?! I don’t think Cucu was sulking his way out, btw. I still like him, a very good player. Got plenty of cash too.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Can everyone stop writing like RDZ used to speak we will win, No…I need more players ..No Christ almighty
Vaffanculo!

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
I don’t care if RDZ, Potter, ETH, Rydström or anyone else earn a billion or two if they go from one club to another. Same goes for players. But, if this is true, if if if, you don’t behave like that, pulling your ”my ambition is bigger than yours card”, just to get out of here. He didn’t last two years … no?! I don’t think Cucu was sulking his way out, btw. I still like him, a very good player. Got plenty of cash too.
I don't see any problem in a player or coach who state their ambition to win trophies on the biggest stage.

In fact I would expect a player/coach who make a move from Brighton to Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal or City to make that kind of statement. And so does the media.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
I don't see any problem in a player or coach who state their ambition to win trophies on the biggest stage.

In fact I would expect a player/coach who make a move from Brighton to Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal or City to make that kind of statement. And so does the media.
A perfect fit then, hmm this club have never won anything, I think I’ll sign for four years! Guess his big balls didn’t align there and then.

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
A perfect fit then, hmm this club have never won anything, I think I’ll sign for four years! Guess his big balls didn’t align there and then.
It's not like the job at a big money club was available to him back then. (We don't know yet if he has that opportunity now)

Why so upset? De Zerbi has left the club on mutal consent. And the timing of it all is quite good.

I hope the next head coach does well, and when he does, he will leave too. Rinse and repeat

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I just don’t want him to go to another Premier League side, why can’t he find a team in Italy? Also, are Chelsea going to want his large team that he takes everywhere?

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Wouldn’t be surprised.

Bloom and Boehly know of our fan base hatred of the other, so ‘mutual agreement’ and in a few weeks Chelsea sign a free agent in De Zerbi.

Chelsea spend those two weeks pissing off their fan base with suggestions they know they will hate so signing RDZ seems like a godsend, and forget he was our manager.

Our fan base either feels ‘good riddance what a bad season’ or ‘RDZ so hard done by with the termination’ so him going to Chelsea doesn’t feel as much a betrayal had he gone there directly.

If he goes there I’d say the PR game makes sense, and his lack of control of transfers is offset by the ridiculous money they spend anyway.

Hope he doesn’t go there because I hate Chelsea, and I feel like it tarnishes his time with us knowing how he is aware of our hatred

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here