Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] De Zerbi to Chelsea?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
As much as managers and Chelsea could ever make sense, RDZ at Chelsea makes a lot of sense.
They responded well to Mourinho and his high standards.….RDZ also practices and preaches high standards.
If they like Mourinho, they can tolerate an ego…..that’s good for RDZ to know.
He likes a ready-made competitive squad.…..On paper, they have one.
He doesn’t want to be bound by budgets.…..There seems to be an endless supply of money at Chelsea.
They want exciting football.,….He can deliver on that.
They like a manager for a good time, not a long time.…That’s Rob.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
It's going to sting him going there. Will tarnish his reputation here, it's suggested he met Winstanley the day before our game against Chelsea. That's completely disrespectful if true.

Regarding Sanchez, can't see anyone paying much of a fee for him, he's been shit now for 18 months and not been able to break into the first 11. If I was him I'd sit on the bench taking the money as unlikely to get that kind of contract again.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
I’m hoping that he has better judgement than to go there.

I absolutely believe it’s about the love of the challenge, club, staff and fans for him, not the money with Roberto.

What is there to love about Chelsea? What is there to fire up his passionate Italian heart and bulge his infamous big balls?

If he does go, he is no better than Potter.
Way worse than Potter I would say, but thats just my opinion.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t go there. It’s just too convenient for both parties for it not to happen. And they’re kind of made for each other, manager with over inflated opinion of himself and massive ego joins club with over inflated opinion of itself and massive ego’s.

Will those who believe St Roberto of Brescia can do no wrong still feel the same about him if he does go there? I mean, the tantrums from the Mardy from Lombardy for the last few months mean we will end up getting much less in compo than we got for Potter.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As much as managers and Chelsea could ever make sense, RDZ at Chelsea makes a lot of sense.
They responded well to Mourinho and his high standards.….RDZ also practices and preaches high standards.
He doesn’t want to be bound by budgets.…..There seems to be an endless supply of money at Chelsea.
Sadly this all makes sense.
Bitter, nope, he gave us European football and some memorable games that were the most exciting in my life time.
I for you one will clap him for whoever he manages (Crystal Palace obviously not)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It's going to sting him going there. Will tarnish his reputation here, it's suggested he met Winstanley the day before our game against Chelsea. That's completely disrespectful if true.

Regarding Sanchez, can't see anyone paying much of a fee for him, he's been shit now for 18 months and not been able to break into the first 11. If I was him I'd sit on the bench taking the money as unlikely to get that kind of contract again.

It’s not that he can’t break into the first team squad there, he’s been injured for most of the second half of the season.

He started as first choice, played about 16 games got injured, returned from injury for a couple of games on the bench and then got injured again and was out for the rest of the season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t go there. It’s just too convenient for both parties for it not to happen. And they’re kind of made for each other, manager with over inflated opinion of himself and massive ego joins club with over inflated opinion of itself and massive ego’s.

Will those who believe St Roberto of Brescia can do no wrong still feel the same about him if he does go there? I mean, the tantrums from the Mardy from Lombardy for the last few months mean we will end up getting much less in compo than we got for Potter.
I don’t have a problem with him going there, and if he behaves respectfully in terms of Brighton why would we?

Didn’t have a problem when Potter left, (he was also bettering himself etc..) other than he took more than what he came with, which was a little disrespectful (but also in many respects understandable), and then the little barbed comments here and there for the next few months after RdZ had hammered him, proved him to be a bit of a dick - IMO.

As I said in another thread, Potter is a great coach and RdZ benefited from his style, but then Potter benefited from Hughton as well in that defensively we were very solid. It all goes round…..

Personality wise, I didn’t ever warm to Potter but I did RdZ.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It is. Potter was part of an exciting new project on The Kings Road. Their subsequent ransacking of Brighton AND the fact that everyone knows they’re overseeing a shit show AND trying to manipulate rules means that if DeZerbi rocks up there - he deserves to rot in f***ing hell.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Do they like a manger that is outspoken towards owners/board?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If true we’ve been royally played by Roberto I feel…

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
Makes no sense at all. RDZ is in need of a new job. If he views this as a good opportunity, he should take it. We're not holy.

I hate Chelsea for poaching "all" of our staff and players. And the behaviour their leadership shows towards smaller clubs like us, like when they unsettled Caicedo.

Attacking former players and staff for choosing the wrong job? Why? What makes you entitled to rule over other peoples career choices?

Booing Caicedo and Cucurella for sulking their way out of Brighton is diffeerent.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Makes no sense at all. RDZ is in need of a new job. If he views this as a good opportunity, he should take it. We're not holy.

I hate Chelsea for poaching "all" of our staff and players. And the behaviour their leadership shows towards smaller clubs like us, like when they unsettled Caicedo.

Attacking former players and staff for choosing the wrong job? Why? What makes you entitled to rule over other peoples career choices?

Booing Caicedo and Cucurella for sulking their way out of Brighton is diffeerent.
You really don’t think he was tapped up before, if this does happen?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here