Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] De Zerbi to Chelsea?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
These are a good point. At the Chelsea game a few weeks back I was getting a bit light headed after a while.
Still, on the plus side, I've managed to develop a lovely deep boo (even if I do say so myself).

Very much this. After the hill climb to my WSU upper seat I think my boo quality was poor. Will check local gym to see if they do any special classes :)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We sacked De Zerbi because he wasn't good enough. I would absolutely love it if Boehly sign him up!
We didn't sack him because he wasn't good enough, he was offered a new contract but wouldn't sign without assurances on transfers.

It was a genuine mutual departure as both sides had different visions of the way forward.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We didn't sack him because he wasn't good enough, he was offered a new contract but wouldn't sign without assurances on transfers.

It was a genuine mutual departure as both sides had different visions of the way forward.
This.

If my employer says to me ‘sign a new long term contract and commit to the company or you are out’, I’d find it difficult to frame it in my mind as me being sacked. Especially when they have given me a mic with free rein to discuss it with 20,000+ people!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It's hard to disagree with this.

Interesting definition of 'sold'. We didn't exactly sell our coaching staff - they stole them from us and gave us some compo. Not as though we actually wanted to sell Caicedo either.

1716632451817.png

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Not sure I’d want to take any notice of supporters who’s club had a pick n mix transfer policy…..spending hundreds of millions and yet only made sixth place due to a decent end of season……supporters who welcomed Pottys arrival……then ended up booing his team ….only then to do a complete turnaround
Quite.
Fed on a diet of regular managerial changes, world class players being bought at the drop of a hat, talented youngsters being allowed to leave and trophies regularly being won....they have gorged themselves. They have filled their boots at the top table and now, they don't like settling for second best. They have become entitled, impatient and demanding.
They are looking down their noses at Maresca, McKenna and Frank. They don't know what they want.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
De Zerbi will do very well at Chelsea. This looks a done deal

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If he does go to Chelsea then I expect we’ll pick up a reasonable compensation payment off them as per the clause in his contract. Reported c £5m. Not to be sniffed at.
Although if we had kept him a week longer that would have been £10million.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
De Zerbi will do very well at Chelsea. This looks a done deal
So many finger in the air predictions on here today! Where are you getting the “done deal” info? Leicester manager is currently looking more likely.

Just seen another one where are going to be in a relegation battle, this before we have a manager and before any transfer business :rolleyes:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Really? How much money was invested in the squad prior to our fleecing of Chelsea? Since being in the PL the club has ALWAYS invested money if they can find the right player at the right price.
Yeah but this from a Chelsea fan where they think, no demand, a spend three or four times as much as you get in for players sold. Chelsea fans are not worth listening to, they even boo a manager getting them up the table and their own players.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
So many finger in the air predictions on here today! Where are you getting the “done deal” info? Leicester manager is currently looking more likely.

Just seen another one where are going to be in a relegation battle, this before we have a manager and before any transfer business :rolleyes:
I'm fed up with all these vague predictions like "he'll do well there" and "it's a done deal".

Adam Webster will score an own goal against Wolves on 19th October. In the 21st minute. You heard it here first.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I’d be gutted if RDZ goes to Chelsea, he will get a tune out of them and they will be challenging next season.
The decision to say goodbye to him just gets dafter by the day

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
If we are going for an unofficial version then I would suggest it was RDZ that refused to sign a new contract when it was offered to him in December unless he could agree with our plans for the summer window and targets for 2025 - oh hang on - that is the ‘official version’.

He had two years left on his contract - there was no need to sign a new one. At the time of it being offered, Barber's unofficial mouthpiece Alex Crook, said it would include a significant release clause - that would have made it harder for him to leave when the time came.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here