[Football] De Zerbi to Chelsea?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Can you imagine him putting up with this 😂

I read somewhere that the Eghbal guy (or whatever the chuff his name is) would regularly turn up to training sessions and start telling them how to do things differently.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I mean if this is RDZ is a snake haha. Absolute circus, boring now, Bloom is getting played by Chelsea.
Sounds like a load of internet tosh. De Zerbi would have the exact same problem at Chelsea that made him leave us. They sign the players. He wouldn't have a say. Pochettino, after their game against us said 'This is not my team. This is Chelsea's team,' and was gone a week later. Could you imagine RDZ putting up with Eghbali coming into his dressing room and advising him who to pick? We know he does his homework. I don't think he'd even meet them.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Sounds like a load of internet tosh. De Zerbi would have the exact same problem at Chelsea that made him leave us. They sign the players. He wouldn't have a say. Pochettino, after their game against us said 'This is not my team. This is Chelsea's team,' and was gone a week later. Could you imagine RDZ putting up with Eghbali coming into his dressing room and advising him who to pick? We know he does his homework. I don't think he'd even meet them.
I hope what you are saying is true, but who knows, both clubs have made odd decisions here IMO.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Precisely this! He'd have to be having a complete brain fart to think managing them would be a good idea. Not convinced their fans would welcome another ex Brighton manager

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
This V person? Well respected in football circles are they? A top quality journalist? One who is so brilliant at their job that they do not use their own name on social media?

I have no idea!!

Sometimes people create non traceable accounts to make public something they have found out, but which they could get into trouble for.

And sometimes people do it just to bullshit and wind people up.

We'll know next week if it's the former or the latter.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Not convinced their fans would welcome another ex Brighton manager

But that's what this person is saying.... Chelsea thought this, so their strategy was to leak the names of Championship and low level PL managers that their fan base would hate, so that by the time RDZ'S name comes up he's seen as a great option in comparison. (I actually wondered myself if Brighton was doing this as a way to get us to accept Potter back).

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
But that's what this person is saying.... Chelsea thought this, so their strategy was to leak the names of Championship and low level PL managers that their fan base would hate, so that by the time RDZ'S name comes up he's seen as a great option in comparison. (I actually wondered myself if Brighton was doing this as a way to get us to accept Potter back).

I did appreciate what they were saying but a very poor strategy. Irrespective of totally different characters their fans would still be thinking Brighton disaster incoming!

7dialssouthpaw

Sep 10, 2022
worst case scenario would be them stripping our team (again) ...
unfortunately, it seems a 'path of least resistance' deal for both sides.
RDZ and team get another go at the Europa league that they had a dry run with last year (I know... shit) and get paid more and hardly have to move....
Chelsea boost their chances of CL qualification, which must be their aim, and get a ready made team that he coached one year ago (Colwill, Moises, Gross etc.)
Hope it f+cks up right in their faces, of course.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I wouldn’t be surprised if this were true.
Something just didn’t sit well with me, it’s all been far too nice and pleasant and choreographed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports