[Football] De Zerbi to Chelsea?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Sounds like a classic example of those who have no clue what the data is saying drawing incorrect conclusions about it and congratulating themselves with their cleverness.

It's why we will always be one step ahead. The real trick isn't reams of data but being able to separate the signal from the noise within it
Word. And I would absolutely guarantee that Boehly, Eghbali et al would feature prominently and frequently on the bell cheeses at work thread, should anyone on NSC have the misfortune to have worked with them.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Another ignore thread, already posted with the odds on another thread.

Did this really need a new thread?

No.
Could one of you be so kind to point me to the thread this is being discussed on (there are a lot of RDZ threads atm), simply so I can say that when Jnr said this earlier, it was touch and go whether I'd choke on my water or spray it on my dinner, neither happened in the end you'll be pleased to hear. That is ridiculously funny, I'm not saying it's not true but it is funny!. Chelsea are already a laughing stock from the GP theft, I'd be spitting feathers if I were a Chelsea fan & the owners were again wanting to 'Be Brighton'. If this is actually true we could get some random 18 year old from any league in the world a move to Chelsea, just by saying we're looking at him. :lolol:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Word. And I would absolutely guarantee that Boehly, Eghbali et al would feature prominently and frequently on the bell cheeses at work thread, should anyone on NSC have the misfortune to have worked with them.
Worth pointing out here that for a long part of his tenure, Sami Hypia had great underlying numbers.

Now, if Chelsea are looking for a coach on a statistical basis, look no further. I think I've found the perfect guy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sounds like a classic example of those who have no clue what the data is saying drawing incorrect conclusions about it and congratulating themselves with their cleverness.

It's why we will always be one step ahead. The real trick isn't reams of data but being able to separate the signal from the noise within it
Absolutely spot on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have to confess I’d be interested to see how many of the Chelsea squad he’d fall out with and how quickly
He'd march Jackson, Gallagher, Sanchez and Sterling straight down to the Whistler statue, point at it, explain that if he wanted art for art's sake he' go to a f***ing gallery, before tipping each of the fuckers off Battersea bridge and into the Thames.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Unfortunately it kind of makes sense to me. He knows Caicedo and Mudryck well. Whingestanley knows him too.

Unlimited funds. Owner with unlimited ambition and a top draw squad (said through gritted teeth).

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Unfortunately it kind of makes sense to me. He knows Caicedo and Mudryck well. Whingestanley knows him too.

Unlimited funds. Owner with unlimited ambition and a top draw squad (said through gritted teeth).

But they have no real senior players.

His clear favourites at Brighton were all over 32; Groß, Steele and Lallana. He pushed for Milner and Welbeck to get new contracts. Naylor reported that one of his big gripes was not enough players aged 25-30 (even though we had March, Mitoma and Estupinan). Chelsea really are a young squad and the most senior player - Sterling - isn't really that commanding.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
But they have no real senior players.

His clear favourites at Brighton were all over 32; Groß, Steele and Lallana. He pushed for Milner and Welbeck to get new contracts. Naylor reported that one of his big gripes was not enough players aged 25-30 (even though we had March, Mitoma and Estupinan). Chelsea really are a young squad and the most senior player - Sterling - isn't really that commanding.
He can take Steele with him to Chelsea, just to ruin Sanchez's life further :lolol:

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I might be remembering wrong but I think De Zerbi may not have loved the English weather, and looking at the grey and rain outside now if he has any other offers I can't imagine him being too enticed with the absolute circus at Chelsea, reuniting with Caicedo and Sanchez, the absolute state of their fans, another couple of seasons with the PL referees, potential FFP issues on the horizon...money talks, but he always seemed pretty aware of what made him miserable and he'll be stepping into worse than anything he had on the coast.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Their fans will do wonders for Steele's confidence! Will put his time at Sunderland into perspective.
Partnering with Bart one day, training alongside Sanchez and Kepa (and Petrovic, but I have nothing negative to say about him) the next, what a downgrade

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Can you imagine him putting up with this 😂

Not to mention Boehly storming in the dressing room, and/or giving team talks as he is confirmed to have done several times. RdZ would HATE it there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports