Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi Thoughts?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I hope his downbeat expressions and interview were just to do with the fact that he wasn’t happy with the performance but I get the feeling it runs deeper than that :shrug:

Ukranian and maybe one other in and Caicedo staying might bring back the ebullient RDZ we have had before.
I don't think so. He is a perfectionist. Told Lallana that 3/0 against Liverpool only met 60% of his expectations for the squad. He is just honest, how many times in the past have we scrapped a win together against the play and playing shite to hear the manager singing the teams praises (wolves a few years ago comes to mind). Like he said there isn't much to celebrate with a lucky win. He has high standards and it will piss some off, already pissed Trossard off, but for me, I find it absolutely refreshing.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I don't think so. He is a perfectionist. Told Lallana that 3/0 against Liverpool only met 60% of his expectations for the squad. He is just honest, how many times in the past have we scrapped a win together against the play and playing shite to hear the manager singing the teams praises (wolves a few years ago comes to mind). Like he said there isn't much to celebrate with a lucky win. He has high standards and it will piss some off, already pissed Trossard off, but for me, I find it absolutely refreshing.
But if he’s a perfectionist that will include expecting to be allowed to have a squad that lets him reach those standards. You can’t say in one breath he’s down about a poor performance when we win and in the other that he’s not going to be unhappy that the club haven’t strengthened in the positions he’s identified.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Coming later on Albion YouTube channel
C9D7453D-B843-4A82-98B4-860CDC2FABA8.jpeg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But if he’s a perfectionist that will include expecting to be allowed to have a squad that lets him reach those standards. You can’t say in one breath he’s down about a poor performance when we win and in the other that he’s not going to be unhappy that the club haven’t strengthened in the positions he’s identified.
He needs to calm the ego then and grow up a bit if what you are saying is true

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
His failed fatherly handling of Cac may have demotivated him a tad. He knows we have to keep him if we want a good stab at Europe. It concerns me if he is pestering TB for more players. Mid season isn’t a good time for mucking about with the squad and not our usual strategy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
His failed fatherly handling of Cac may have demotivated him a tad. He knows we have to keep him if we want a good stab at Europe. It concerns me if he is pestering TB for more players. Mid season isn’t a good time for mucking about with the squad and not our usual strategy.
And you’d assume was discussed during the hiring stage and expectations set on both sides

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I agree with this in usual circumstances but losing Mwepu was an absolute unforeseen event and I don’t think Trossard was expected to go in January either, I think the assumption was the summer like Bissouma. So we have lost two big first team players and haven’t replaced either.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
okay maybe saying it publicly isn't the right way to go about it, but no it does not concern me at all that RDZ, who is paid to act in the best interests of the team, has told the owner he thinks the team would be in a better place if we bought a couple of players

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It's going to be a complete roller-coaster with RDZ, in a way that we haven't had with a manager since Poyet. When the end comes it will probably be with a bang, but until then enjoy the ride I say.
I'm already preparing to translate my hatred of Juventus for stealing our manager into Italian, for maximum effect. I am hopeful we will get at least 1 full season from him. He's really got something about him, the way he's organised this squad so quickly and raised the bar is incredible. I never took to Potter but De Zerbi is the real deal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
okay maybe saying it publicly isn't the right way to go about it, but no it does not concern me at all that RDZ, who is paid to act in the best interests of the team, has told the owner he thinks the team would be in a better place if we bought a couple of players
That’s obvious isn’t it ? The same things at Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City etc …

el punal

Lot of ‘ifs’ here - probably best if (!) we see how it all pans out. In the meantime let’s just enjoy our current status of being a bloody good team.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No. He needs to keep saying what he thinks is right. The immature behaviour would be shutting up
I don’t believe RDZ is that stupid and I don’t take his words as others are taking what he said….

But he’d be incredibly stupid to go public and make comments like that, because selling clubs would know there’s pressure on the chairman to buy players for his manager which would increase the value surely….

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So RDZ says that if we lose Caicedo he would want to get a replacement to maintain our push for Europe.

If Caicedo stays he is happy with the current squad.

He has told TB the positions he thinks need strengthening.

All seems fairly straightforward, sensible and obvious to me. Am I missing something :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here