Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi second favourite to become next Chelsea manager....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm very sceptical about stories suggesting they can't afford to sack poch. They will find a way around it if they really want him out!
Pay him over 8 years ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I reckon he'd fall out with half of the squad within a fortnight. Albion have a 'no dickheads' policy. Chelsea seem to have the reverse.
To be fair, tat's probably the first thing any manager worth his salt should do on arrival at Stamford Bridge. Getting rid might be a problem, but by maximising the permitted number of over-age player in the u21s, they might jst have a shout at the EFL Trophy.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Having been burnt once before, having thought our manager had more common sense than to take a job there, I'm less convinced than others.

If Chelsea came in for him, he would definitely talk to them.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They’re still paying Potter, so having to pay Poch, and then buy RDZ would bankrupt them.
They've got more than enough cash to do it - it's whether they want to 'spend' any of their limited points doing so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Posters do realise RDZ has been, is, and will be in the running for ALL 'big' clubs from the moment lil old Brighton qualified for Europe, until such time as he leaves.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Posters do realise RDZ has been, is, and will be in the running for ALL 'big' clubs from the moment lil old Brighton qualified for Europe, until such time as he leaves.
You are, of course, correct but I suppose we can take comfort in the fact that for the first time in our history the group of clubs that are attractive to (and can afford) our managers is the smallest it's ever been.

No longer are our managers leaving to go to Leicester as an assistant or Reading. In all honesty, there are only a select few that can actually afford to buy out a Premier League managers contract on the continent. It really only leaves super-clubs like Bayern, PSG, Real Madrid and maybe Barca if they can pull one of their transfer "levers".

It's really only City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea that can, and I suspect will at some point, stick their nose if our manager is making big enough impact.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Chelsea would be insane to appoint him. How much attention is he really going to give their tawdry gang of underachievers, whilst he’s simultaneously trying to continue Klopp’s legacy, rekindle Manchester United, and take Barcelona back to the top 🤷‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here