Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi interview on Bobo TV: "no team can change my mind"

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
That was then, this is now :smile:

Haven’t seen this before and was chuffed as I started to read it and then saw it was made when we were about to start an exciting season.

I don’t know if his mind set has changed but things are very different now to when the interview took place…..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nothing about him says “run off after one year”.
1713169949362.png

(I actually think he'll stay, but he certainly has a history of not lasting long at a job for one reason or another).

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
View attachment 180533

(I actually think he'll stay, but he certainly has a history of not lasting long at a job for one reason or another).
Not sure who would take him , big clubs will want someone with a record of winning , he hasn't got that. He could go to another similar club but one which has money - WHU, Newcastle to name two but I think they would have been warned off by what they have seen in last 3 months...

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
Not sure who would take him , big clubs will want someone with a record of winning , he hasn't got that. He could go to another similar club but one which has money - WHU, Newcastle to name two but I think they would have been warned off by what they have seen in last 3 months...
No love for the Magpies but I wouldn't sack Howe if I were them -- and while I completely understand why many West Ham fans find the team's style of play under Moyes mind numbing, the last I heard he'd been offered an extension.

Exilegull

Mar 14, 2024
View attachment 180533

Reading his italian wiki and the sources to it
Darfo Boaria left them or sacked when relegated from Serie D to Italian 5th tier
Foggia left just before a new season kicked off shortly after signing new contract because didnt agree with owner on transfer policy
Palermo sacked after 2 and a half month just one win in that time
Benevento they were relegated and Roberto said then you have to change coach so he stepped down they wanted to keep him tho
Sassuolo left because he felt he had taken them as far as he could finishing 8th
Shaktar Donetsk left because Russian invasion

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Darfo Boaria left them or sacked when relegated from Serie D to Italian 5th tier
Foggia left just before a new season kicked off shortly after signing new contract because didnt agree with owner on transfer policy
Benevento they were relegated and Roberto said then you have to change coach so he stepped down they wanted to keep him tho
Sassuolo left because he felt he had taken them as far as he could finishing 8th
Pretty average managerial record really Vs someone like emery who lots were mocking on here only a year back.

I remember de zerbi when he tried to play his gung ho footy with Donetsk away to Madrid in the champions league. They got absolutely pummelled, repeated a similar mistake this season with us !!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Pretty average managerial record really Vs someone like emery who lots were mocking on here only a year back.

I remember de zerbi when he tried to play his gung ho footy with Donetsk away to Madrid in the champions league. They got absolutely pummelled, repeated a similar mistake this season with us !!
Yep. If you have a read through the thread from when Emery was appointed at Villa there are some pretty funny and clueless posts from people who obviously have no idea about European football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep. If you have a read through the thread from when Emery was appointed at Villa there are some pretty funny and clueless posts from people who obviously have no idea about European football.
Remind me, what did I say?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A familiar bell doth toll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here