Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi beaten down already?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Anyone else noticed a big demeanor change since the world cup with Roberto?

When he first came in he was amazing, he had a real fvck em all attitude. We are Brighton we can beat anyone. We will try and win every game.

Now all of a sudden the hughton/potter negativity is kicking in.

We lose to Charlton and he says something along the lines of ..We are Brighton, we can lose the game.

And then the rumblings from the camp is that players that were at the world cup are completely unfocused and don't want to be there at the moment. Whereas in de zerbis own words Liverpool and city players are completely over it and back in the swing of games. Why is that? Because we are little old Brighton?

Interesting to see what happens in the next 3 games ....... should be looking to win at least one of those games.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
post deleted

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

When he first came in he was amazing, he had a real fvck em all attitude. We are Brighton we can beat anyone. We will try and win every game.

We lose to Charlton and he says something along the lines of ..We are Brighton, we can lose the game.

And then the rumblings from the camp is that players that were at the world cup are completely unfocused and don't want to be there at the moment. Whereas in de zerbis own words Liverpool and city players are completely over it and back in the swing of games. Why is that? Because we are little old Brighton?

Interesting to see what happens in the next 3 games ....... should be looking to win at least one of those games.
1. No

2. Yes he said that and it is true. Potter said that as well, and it was true. Brighton will try and win every game.

3. Don't know about Hughton but Potter was not particularly negative.

4. Brighton can indeed lose a game. This is factually correct.

5. What rumblings? Bunch of speculation

6. Always interesting to see what happens in the next 3 games. It will even be interesting to see what happens in the next 5, 10 or 247 games. And wins are good, yes.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
And then the rumblings from the camp is that players that were at the world cup are completely unfocused and don't want to be there at the moment.
How TF would you know what "the rumblings from the camp" are? :tosser:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Conservations ? Are they going to be stuck in their club museums ?
I have no idea what this comment means.
Edit - I do now - typo of course - post deleted anyway - thread a magnet for trolls 🙂

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You can see anything if you look hard enough for it :shrug:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
How TF would you know what "the rumblings from the camp" are? :tosser:

'The problem is our players, they are not used to playing this competition. This competition is very important and very pressured for them, and I want Alexis to come back when he's ready to play.

'The players who stayed in World Cup competition, for them it's not easy to restart with a 100 per cent focus in the Premier League, in our team. But it's natural, it's something different.

'Players of Manchester City, of Liverpool - yesterday, I watched the game (between those teams in the Carabao Cup), and it seems to be that they never played at the World Cup. For us, it's completely different.'

'But we have to be focused on this possible problem, because for Mitoma, for Moises Caicedo, for Pervis, in 20 days they changed a lot of things.

They played in Qatar with 25 degrees and after 10 days in the UK with five degrees in the Carabao Cup. The World Cup is a totally different competition, and to restart in the right way is not easy. It is not natural.'

He sounds more defeatist to me. Especially the bit about city and Liverpool not being impacted as much.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
'But we have to be focused on this possible problem, because for Mitoma, for Moises Caicedo, for Pervis, in 20 days they changed a lot of things.

They played in Qatar with 25 degrees and after 10 days in the UK with five degrees in the Carabao Cup. The World Cup is a totally different competition, and to restart in the right way is not easy. It is not natural.'
Or in the plain English
"The players who were at the World Cup are going to take a bit of time to settle back into things here, especially during the middle of our winter."

Doesn't seem defeatest to me at all. And re City and Liverpool. Are you more motivated playing against your big rival of the last few years or away at Charlton?
The guy is just stating facts.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
'The problem is our players, they are not used to playing this competition. This competition is very important and very pressured for them, and I want Alexis to come back when he's ready to play.

'The players who stayed in World Cup competition, for them it's not easy to restart with a 100 per cent focus in the Premier League, in our team. But it's natural, it's something different.

'Players of Manchester City, of Liverpool - yesterday, I watched the game (between those teams in the Carabao Cup), and it seems to be that they never played at the World Cup. For us, it's completely different.'

He sounds more defeatist to me. Especially the bit about city and Liverpool not being impacted as much.
He’s simply stating facts. None of our players have been to a WC before, they’re bound to need a readjustment. Cup match was actually ideal (from a league perspective) to help that process. As for Alexis, a once in a lifetime and life-changing experience (only need to look at the media coverage of George Cohen’s passing to understand that - and he won it 56 years ago) is going to take even more adjustment.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

So no 'rumblings from the camp' then ? You're making it up.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Rumbling?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here