Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] De Zerbi 'ball' touchline incidents?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I couldn't get tickets for the match <insert small dig that I had no problem seeing the cup match vs Coventry a few years back> but there were 2 incidents with De Zerbi that were shown on the TV. Curly haired Liverpool player pushed the ball out of his hand when he picked it up & De Zerbi did well to keep his cool. De Zerbi picked it up another time & then when one of theirs came to get it he chucked it behind him. 1st one I thought 'cheeky little git', 2nd one made me really laugh. My friend missed it on the TV & jnr in East stand missed it as well. I'd like to show them as well as see it myself again! 😂

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He’s our first genuine shithousery-doing manager for ages and I’m a huge fan

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I couldn't get tickets for the match <insert small dig that I had no problem seeing the cup match vs Coventry a few years back> but there were 2 incidents with De Zerbi that were shown on the TV. Curly haired Liverpool player pushed the ball out of his hand when he picked it up & De Zerbi did well to keep his cool. De Zerbi picked it up another time & then when one of theirs came to get it he chucked it behind him. 1st one I thought 'cheeky little git', 2nd one made me really laugh. My friend missed it on the TV & jnr in East stand missed it as well. I'd like to show them as well as see it myself again! 😂
Had a great show. Was in WSL block D as a change from the upper. Never been down there before. His chucking it away from the Liverpool player was great, and got the crowd going a bit. I quite enjoyed his lectures to his staff as well. He's a great manager but I bet he's hard work in real life. Also I thought Klopp looked lost. A bit bereft really. And with the worst trainers I've ever seen.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
At first I was a bit 'whoa' he's got a yellow card and he'd only been here for 2 minutes. The way he celebrates goals overrides that. I get the impression that he's 'clear' on what he wants from them but not 'horrible' like some managers are. Firm but fair, and doesn't take any crap. I think he's great! :lolol:
I Think we should have a 'De Zerbi loses that plot thread', it would be meaningful this time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To be fair even Klopp was laughing at the second, given what Elliot did
Is he still saluting to the east stand or has he realised Solly March is 5x the player he is 😀

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
At first I was a bit 'whoa' he's got a yellow card and he'd only been here for 2 minutes. The way he celebrates goals overrides that. I get the impression that he's 'clear' on what he wants from them but not 'horrible' like some managers are. Firm but fair, and doesn't take any crap. I think he's great! :lolol:
You know his interpreter - who is also a coach. I said to him the other day pls keep celebrating the goals like you do - it’s amazing for the fans. Incredibly humble. RDZ then asked him what I’d said and he told him in Italian - RDZ smiled and liked the appreciation. I love it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You know his interpreter - who is also a coach. I said to him the other day pls keep celebrating the goals like you do - it’s amazing for the fans. Incredibly humble. RDZ then asked him what I’d said and he told him in Italian - RDZ smiled and liked the appreciation. I love it.
I'm confused - have you quoted this from somewhere, or were you, sheebo, talking to De Zerbi via his translator? After all these years of you being ITK, have you finally got an actual, real, exclusive?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm confused - have you quoted this from somewhere, or were you, sheebo, talking to De Zerbi via his translator? After all these years of you being ITK, have you finally got an actual, real, exclusive?
Well I went to supporters club thing - it was in the World Cup. I was walking out the west stand and heard some foreigners talking all foreign behind. It was RDZ and the coach man interpreter… I’d already let them have a photo and say hello 10 mins earlier. So yeh just had a chat - no exclusive .. Altho RDZ said a cracking story about young Enciso which had Barber tearing his hair out a bit…

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well I went to supporters club thing - it was in the World Cup. I was walking out the west stand and heard some foreigners talking all foreign behind. It was RDZ and the coach man interpreter… I’d already let them have a photo and say hello 10 mins earlier.
OMG it gets better. De Zerbi and his staff pestered you for a photo!

That is sick, and I is well jel.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
OMG it gets better. De Zerbi and his staff pestered you for a photo!

That is sick, and I is well jel.
Yeh was a bit embarrassing as a lot of fans were queuing to get photos with him.. but I’m a nice guy and I gave them both a pic. Doesn’t cost anything to be nice and make a couple of Italian lads night 🤷🏻‍♂️

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I just assumed he had posh seats in the tunnel club (not sure that's been built yet, but hey)! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here