Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] De La Soul

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah, this is so sad. Three Feet is an absolute masterpiece. It’s just been re-issued on vinyl as well….do yourself a favour and go buy this album. And more recently let’s not forget his contribution to Gorillaz.

The Dove flies on xxx

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ah, this is so sad. Three Feet is an absolute masterpiece. It’s just been re-issued on vinyl as well….do yourself a favour and go buy this album. And more recently let’s not forget his contribution to Gorillaz.

The Dove flies on xxx
Apparently will be on Spotify finally, very soon, after all the samples got clearance.

Dove was ill for years and rarely appeared with them, but still, no age at all to go. RIP sir.

Massively cool tune that introduced me to Steely Dan.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Probably showing my age or lack of music knowledge but not got a clue who he was!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Three Feet is an absolute masterpiece. It’s just been re-issued on vinyl as well….do yourself a favour and go buy this album.
Or just get your old copy out and play it in tribute:

That album was a way into hop hop for a lot of indie kids. It opened my mind. One of the few times that us musos can truly use the word 'seminal'. Thanks to all of them and RIP Dave.

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 29

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

The Dove flies on xxx
Resident have sold out of the Three Feet resissue in all formats this morning. Saw this news and finally ordered my copy earlier.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably showing my age or lack of music knowledge but not got a clue who he was!
I envy you being able to listen to this for the first time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ring Ring Ring

Their finest

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
First time I've tried to embed a youtube clip so will probably mess it up but worth a try. Agree with all the comments above about Three Feet High and Rising. De La Soul Is Dead is also a superb album in my opinion.

[yt]NmvXcbJjGbg/[yt]

Edit - oh dear, nevermind. Held Down is the song.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
First time I've tried to embed a youtube clip so will probably mess it up but worth a try. Agree with all the comments above about Three Feet High and Rising. De La Soul Is Dead is also a superb album in my opinion.

[yt]NmvXcbJjGbg/[yt]

Edit - oh dear, nevermind. Held Down is the song.
Just copy the link directly into your post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here