Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Day 6 and still no replacement manager

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
And more attractive holes to fill

Maybe,but if is the case,then the likes of Pulis will be the ones waiting and not Albion,perhaps we have no chance..

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
1) Tony Bloom was in Australia when Sami resigned.
2) Christmas.
3) Surely it's better to take a bit of time to get the right man rather than panicking and appointing the first person they can find?
4) You appear to be the only one making a drama of it at this stage.

1) He should have sacked Sami weeks ago. It was clear he was out of his depth and it is likely he offered his resignation a couple of weeks earlier.
2) See point one. Should have been sorted before Christmas. Was Bloom unaware Christmas was happening?
3) Like we did with Sami? Its pretty clear who the decent candidates are. Plus the transfer window is coming up and any new manager will need time to assess the squad.
4) I agree with the OP.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Jones was always going to be in charge for reading and fulham . Then we have a cup game we frankly don't need and is a bonus . So for me the deadline would be 6th jan . Give the new man a week with the players before charlton away . No dramas

If there were no other jobs available I'd agree, but there is Palace and if either WBA (at Stoke) or Leicester (at Hull) get beat today there is a good chance they will become available and we are the least attractive option in the league position beauty pageant, with all clubs looking at the same few candidates.

I would guess the club are talking to Pulis and Hughton, but they wont be available options if Palace and/or Leicester/WBA come knocking.

Our season may well hinge on WBA and Leicesters results today, assuming we don't act quicker to have someone in place in the next few hours. I just pray WBA and Leicester get results good enough to keep their managers in place, to compensate for our clubs "taking its time, to get the right appointment"

It will be Jones imho...... we will dither to long and the right appointment will be the last turkey in the shop as everyone else has gone elsewhere

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If there were no other jobs available I'd agree, but there is Palace and if either WBA (at Stoke) or Leicester (at Hull) get beat today there is a good chance they will become available and we are the least attractive option in the league position beauty pageant, with all clubs looking at the same few candidates.

I would guess the club are talking to Pulis and Hughton, but they wont be available options if Palace and/or Leicester/WBA come knocking.

Our season may well hinge on WBA and Leicesters results today, assuming we don't act quicker to have someone in place in the next few hours. I just pray WBA and Leicester get results good enough to keep their managers in place, to compensate for our clubs "taking its time, to get the right appointment"

It will be Jones imho...... we will dither to long and the right appointment will be the last turkey in the shop as everyone else has gone elsewhere
If Leicester sack Pearson, then a decent Championship manager suddenly becomes available, so not all bad.

We can relax I think, Tony will get someone decent in within the next few days.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
NJ was quoted in yesterdays Sun as being asked to take charge of 1 game Reading and not sure if he will be in charge for Fulham game so things are expected to move quickly.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
NJ was quoted in yesterdays Sun as being asked to take charge of 1 game Reading and not sure if he will be in charge for Fulham game so things are expected to move quickly.

That is really spooky for it crossed my mind just minutes ago that could be a possibility then you go and post it.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
1) Tony Bloom was in Australia when Sami resigned.
2) Christmas.
3) Surely it's better to take a bit of time to get the right man rather than panicking and appointing the first person they can find?
4) You appear to be the only one making a drama of it at this stage.

Made me laugh, that did.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If Leicester sack Pearson, then a decent Championship manager suddenly becomes available, so not all bad.

We can relax I think, Tony will get someone decent in within the next few days.

cant argue with Pearsons promotion record, but he is dour and imho we took his pants down with Ulloa for 8 million, bad bit of business by him....... but he'd be much better than Warnock or Irvine. And much more preferable to Nigel Adkins, whom I guess Bloom may talk to also.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Ŵw

I cannot believe any club thinking about changing a manager would make a decision based on one result. No way to run a business.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Pulis will be with Bloom
As his guest at Fulham so i just heard from a very respected ex player.

this if true would be pretty huge........ assuming either WBA or Leicester haven't pulled the trigger by then.

Would he be signed or would Pulis be letting every other club know, this is your last chance saloon to come and get me?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
A london game? A perfect oppourtunity to have a chat,nice hotels and so forth.....

Or

Signed sealed dusted,watch from the stands on this one.....

The excitement and tension cranks up another notch.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Just get Pulis or someone in Tony. Don't drag you're heels. Palace getting a manager in before would only prove why they are in the premier league and we are on the verge of league 1. They are more decisive. All that due diligence you did in the summer was a waste of time wasn't it. What did you hear about Hyypia? Football people said he is a nice guy, poor tactics, can stop a losing run, can't motivate, does what he is told? Get someone in!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just get Pulis or someone in Tony. Don't drag you're heels. Palace getting a manager in before would only prove why they are in the premier league and we are on the verge of league 1. They are more decisive. All that due diligence you did in the summer was a waste of time wasn't it. What did you hear about Hyypia? Football people said he is a nice guy, poor tactics, can stop a losing run, can't motivate, does what he is told? Get someone in!
The last thing we can say about Palace is that they are 'decisive'.

Remember their 40-odd day managerial search farce when they sacked Holloway ? :lolol:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
cant argue with Pearsons promotion record, but he is dour and imho we took his pants down with Ulloa for 8 million, bad bit of business by him....... but he'd be much better than Warnock or Irvine. And much more preferable to Nigel Adkins, whom I guess Bloom may talk to also.

Did Pearson personally negotiate the fee for Ulloa ? Seems a little unusual ?

I like the way that Leicester played last season, a fast paced attacking style, which was entertaining to watch. I pay little or no attention to how managers perform at interview, provided they don't make complete arses of themselves.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Remember their 40-odd day managerial search farce when they sacked Holloway ? :lolol:

that would be funny if there new man missed the January window, then again, It seems Parish is himself picking players and getting way to involved in the playing side. He just stick to looking like a prat and leave the management to the manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here