Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
On a serious note I always had a soft spot for him after he was my son's "player" when the boy was a mascot, and he came back to me buzzing after lining up on the pitch.

A very good technical player on his day but, if his heart really isn't in it, I hope he finds what he wants to do, and therefore some happiness.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don’t think it’s about BHAFC.

The fact going back to PSV hasn’t changed it tells me it’s about him and what makes him happy rather than it being a specific club or group of people.

Sorry – I should've used a different emoji. I knew what he meant, really :thumbsup:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I liked Davy, such a classy footballer.

But, when you look at football as a whole, it is pretty meaningless compared to life/death and pandemics etc. I really get his view on ‘football culture’ too, I wonder if he’d been following AC on Insta?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wow, bit of a shocker.

Best of luck to him! Wouldnt be shocked to see him on the pitch again, sometimes all you need to do is have a year off.

Think this happens a lot more often than we might think but players just decide to lazily drag themselves to training just to earn those final couple of millions.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Must have been tricky for him slipping down the pecking order at Brighton, and with Covid making interaction with family at friends so difficult.

He always struck me as an intelligent and thoughtful sort of guy and maybe he just started wondering what life was really all about.

He was an amazing signing for Brighton and is a player I imagine most of us will remember with affection for many years. Sorry it's not worked out back in Holland and hope he can find happiness in some other field – maybe even back in football once he's had some time away. Wish him nothing but good things.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Wow - not often you see things like that. Would have been easy for him to steal a wage and not put the effort in. But you don't know what else is going on with him or whatever kind of mental health problems he might have going on.

Sadly under Potter he didn't seem himself for whatever reason. Classy player though

He just doesn’t enjoy the world of football anymore. Straightforward and honest so there’s no reason to read anymore into it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Good luck to him, very honest of him to say his heart isn't in it and rip up a contract with 18 months remaining on it. Not many players would have that integrity.

Very important player for us in those early Premier League seasons, without the likes of Davy Propper we wouldn't be enjoying a 5th straight season in the top flight. Plus he had lovely lovely hair.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
One of my favourites from the Premier League era.
Classy guy, classy player.

Hopefully someone will post ther double take-down gif at some point.
It always makes me smile.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wow - not often you see things like that. Would have been easy for him to steal a wage and not put the effort in. But you don't know what else is going on with him or whatever kind of mental health problems he might have going on.

Sadly under Potter he didn't seem himself for whatever reason. Classy player though

Indeed. That little lad who was at Spuds had similar struggles (despite being an England regular for a while). Name escapes me. Didn't stop him getting pelters for 'attitude' and 'what's he got to be miserable for, on that money?' comments, of course :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good luck to him, very honest of him to say his heart isn't in it and rip up a contract with 18 months remaining on it. Not many players would have that integrity.

Very important player for us in those early Premier League seasons, without the likes of Davy Propper we wouldn't be enjoying a 5th straight season in the top flight. Plus he had lovely lovely hair.

On the back of that (it was [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] who started it so I recall) whenever I watch a TV game with my old pal Bob, I carefully select a player about whom, during the second half, I can comment "He's not having a great game, but he does have lovely hair". It is a tribute and homage to the memory of Mr Propper :bowdown:.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Vital to our survival in our first two years in the PL. Perhaps less so in the Potter era, but still a very good player for us. Best wishes to him for the future.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Not really any reason or need to speculate on that - he's been pretty clear why he's quitting. I quit my job last year mainly because I'd had enough of it :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here