Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davy Propper: Record midfield signing from PSV - OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
All done!

'BREAKING: #BHAFC have completed the transfer of Dutch international Davy Propper. More at BrightonAndHoveAlbion.com.'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
DONE GET IN. On official site now.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Get in

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/august/dutch-international-signs/

Brighton & Hove Albion have completed the transfer of Dutch international Davy Propper from PSV Eindhoven, on undisclosed terms.

Midfielder Propper has signed a four-year contract with Albion, and the transfer tops the club's previous record transfer fee paid.

The 25-year-old has played more than 250 senior games in his homeland, including Champions League and international appearances - and scored 43 goals from midfield.

He helped PSV win the league title in his first full season at the club in 2015/16, after signing from Vitesse Arnhem.

Manager Chris Hughton said, "Davy is a player with great experience of the Eredivisie with Vitesse Arnhem and PSV Eindhoven.

"There is no doubting his pedigree, Davy has played a number of matches in the Champions League for PSV, as well as international football for the Netherlands.

"He's a strong competitor as a central midfielder and will complement our existing midfield players, and he is also a really good age at 25; we are absolutely delighted to welcome him to the club."

Born in Arnhem, 6ft 1in Propper began his career with his hometown team Vitesse Arnhem, and made his debut in 2010.

He played more than 150 times for the top-flight Dutch side, and appeared for them in the Europa League; before securing a move to PSV in 2015.

First called up by the national team in 2013, Propper won his first international cap against USA in June 2015, and has since won five caps in all, the most recent against Ghana, earlier this year.

He has also represented the Netherlands at under-19 and under-21 level, and his two brothers Robin and Mike are also professional footballers, with Heracles and FC Den Bosch respectively.

DELIGHTED with this. Seems like the sort of signing you'd expect to see the likes of Southampton, Everton or West Ham make.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Large

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Amazingly, all confirmed, just like the Propper journalists (and Bloom) said.......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was never in doubt, don't know what you were all worried about :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here