Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davide Frattesi

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
No surprise really.

With Mac Allister leaving, we’ll have Mahmoud Dahoud, Gilmour, Groß, Moder and Alzate available to play in the pivot role next to a destroyer like Caicedo. But if Moises goes, who do we have?

I was actually impressed with Stain’s teen Roméo Lavia. Despite his awful attempt to stop Mitoma, I thought he broke a lot of our play down with one of his interceptions leading to Walcott’s offside goal. He is exactly what we need.
He looked good. He signed a 5 year contract last summer and Man City have a buy back option.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Can someone educate me on how these buy back options work in practice? I believe the buy back is usually set at a certain price with the option of exercising it at a set point in the future, e.g 2024, however if another club comes in before this date and buys the player, is the buy back option then voided?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
No surprise really.

With Mac Allister leaving, we’ll have Mahmoud Dahoud, Gilmour, Groß, Moder and Alzate available to play in the pivot role next to a destroyer like Caicedo. But if Moises goes, who do we have?

I was actually impressed with Stain’s teen Roméo Lavia. Despite his awful attempt to stop Mitoma, I thought he broke a lot of our play down with one of his interceptions leading to Walcott’s offside goal. He is exactly what we need.

Bristol City's Alex Scott strikes me as more of a Brighton type of signing.

Championship young player of the season and available for half the price of Frattesi.

If we manage to sign experienced players Milner and Dahoud, it makes perfect sense to also buy this 19 year old gem, perhaps loaning Andrew Moran to Bristol for a season to sweeten the deal and give him some first team experience.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Full quote: "No, Frattesi is a big player but we don't need him because we need different characteristics but he is still a top player. He is a big, big player and he can play in the Premier League and everywhere because he has very important quality. We need a different characteristic."

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Can someone educate me on how these buy back options work? I believe the buy back is usually set for a period of time in the future, e.g 2024, however if another club comes in before this date and buys the player, is the buy back option then voided?
City's buyback doesn't come into effect until next season from reports.

If teams bid for him this season then City will have to get into a bidding war with them, the buyback clause isn't active yet. If he goes to another club then the City buyback clause is completely gone and he's just the player of X team.

If teams try to buy him next season, City can activate the buyback clause no matter what the other teams are bidding and Southampton have to accept the offer, it would then come down to the player making the choice of where to go.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Can someone educate me on how these buy back options work? I believe the buy back is usually set for a period of time in the future, e.g 2024, however if another club comes in before this date and buys the player, is the buy back option then voided?
In a lot of cases, the buy-back has a fixed window but is also tied together with a sell-on clause in case they sell before that window activates.

As an example, I believe Tammy Abraham's ~£65m buy-back cannot be activated until two years into his Roma contract (which is this summer). One would work on the assumption that should, say, Man United come in and offer £35m over that buy-back value before that window then Roma would accept unless they know Chelsea aren't interested

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
City's buyback doesn't come into effect until next season from reports.

If teams bid for him this season then City will have to get into a bidding war with them, the buyback clause isn't active yet. If he goes to another club then the City buyback clause is completely gone and he's just the player of X team.

If teams try to buy him next season, City can activate the buyback clause no matter what the other teams are bidding and Southampton have to accept the offer, it would then come down to the player making the choice of where to go.

In a lot of cases, the buy-back has a fixed window but is also tied together with a sell-on clause in case they sell before that window activates.

As an example, I believe Tammy Abraham's ~£65m buy-back cannot be activated until two years into his Roma contract (which is this summer). One would work on the assumption that should, say, Man United come in and offer £35m over that buy-back value before that window then Roma would accept unless they know Chelsea aren't interested
Makes sense, thanks both!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Championship young player of the season and available for half the price of Frattesi.

If we manage to sign experienced players Milner and Dahoud, it makes perfect sense to also buy this 19 year old gem, perhaps loaning Andrew Moran to Bristol for a season to sweeten the deal and give him some first team experience.
That’s a really good shout. I don’t think the club will have too much difficulty selling Scott the dream.

Scott’s agent: “Will he get into the first team squad? You have a lot of central midfielders currently.”

Weir: “Alex will be sent on the prestigious Premier League summer series where RDZ and his team will assess him. If there is not a place in the squad for him this season, it’s likely that’ll he go on loan to USG and play Champions League football for a season.”

Scott’s agent: “Where so we sign”.

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018

He's the first player I sign on Football Manager and he always turns out to be world-class. So it's a yes from me.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Full quote: "No, Frattesi is a big player but we don't need him because we need different characteristics but he is still a top player. He is a big, big player and he can play in the Premier League and everywhere because he has very important quality. We need a different characteristic."
might be De Zerbi's version of poker...

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It’s interesting how different this seems to Potter. We know RDZ had detailed dossiers on each of our players and how they would fit his system for the interview. Seems he’s got a clear idea of what he needs as well. It felt like Potter’s attitude was more ‘we’ll coach and improve whatever we have / are given’. I’m sure he had a say but doesn’t feel like he’d have been so clear/precise in what he wanted.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Got a feeling this one has legs. Not sure why RDZ would say what he has If that Is the case...maybe because Mac and Moises haven't actually left. And I accept that if our priority is to replace Moises then Fratessi isn't that man BUT I don't think we'd turn down the chance to sign a player of his calibre if it's at the right place. News in Italy is we are keen but that could be gen drumming up interest.
We do have a huge amount of CMs coming back from loans though (and Moder).

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think we moved on a while back. See post #64

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
If he doesn't want to join the party then f*** him. His loss.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He’s not what we need. RDZ says we need different characteristics.
I agree.
A LCB, a robust defensive midfielder, a right back, and a goalkeeper if, Sanchez goes which looks likely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here