Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] David Warner

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Neanderthal thug, nothing more.
Wouldn't be surprised if he bullied the others into doing it.
Crying like a baby when questioned on TV, got no balls.
Lyon not much better, when the incident was going on and SA players were protesting, he deliberately, with his spikes, trod on the calf of a batsman who was on the ground, having slid in to get his bat grounded.
I saw it whilst watching the game.
Nasty peice of work.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Can character change?

The bit I remember about Warner was the nasty comments on Joe Root in a bar somewhere when both were early in there international careers.

Typical classless Aussie gobshite!

Sure someone can post a link ....
It wasn’t just nasty comments, wasn’t it a full on smack in the face at Walkabout in Birmingham? Suggesting, just perhaps, that Warner’s character flaws were not just an unlucky one off as some would have us believe!

A few weeks later, we were having dinner at Gauchos in Manchester during the test match and by chance Warner was on the next but one table. He was surrounded by security though of course he did have to get up every now and then to head to the gents and wasn’t ‘protected’ then! He could easily have found himself in a difficult situation, which I guess follows that sort of character around. I do remember that it got to about 11 and he was still ordering the vino as we were leaving, and I’m pretty sure he was batting the next day (don’t recall how he did!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here