Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] David Warner

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Just watching his last innings, the commentators are making him sound like Mother Theresa.

I would have expected that from Kerry O’Keefe but even Isa Guha is salivating about him ‘he’s a great character, we need more characters in the game’! Hmm, that’s one word for him I suppose.

What gets me is that he has apparently said he doesn’t regret anything he did. So that’s alright then.

It does sound like the general public there are not totally convinced though:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'd forgotten about the sandpaper affair. Cricket is littered with incidents like that, many going unnoticed and unreported. Mike Atherton got off lightly in 1994. There was John Lever's Vaseline trick years before. Warner did the time for it and would have gone through a lot.

We never saw the best of him here, and I think he probably hung around longer than he should have.

Last edited:

Real character, it’s why you watch sport to be engaged and provoked

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’m not interested in him or anything he does unless and until he tells us what was really going on at Newlands back in 2018, and indeed what was going on in the year leading up to that to reach that moment

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It's a good record for a test opener, but not that exceptional

FORMATMatInnsNORunsHSAveBFSR100s50s4s6sCtSt
Tests11220588786335*44.59

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Can character change?

The bit I remember about Warner was the nasty comments on Joe Root in a bar somewhere when both were early in there international careers.

Typical classless Aussie gobshite!

Sure someone can post a link ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here