Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
I was sat in the home end last night and saw the save from the side of the goal. It was absolutely superb, one of best Ive seen. His distribution is now really good, he kicks and finds players almost every time last night. Also him and Dunk have a great understanding talking to each other all through the second half and organising the defence. I actually think he has potential to be a great Albion keeper as he seems to have put the work in and his distribution is potentially better than TK.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
His distribution is also interesting - he kicks more like a central midfielder trying to put the ball in the spot for a forward. Every now and then it doesn't work, but last night there were four or five kicks which Beckham would have been proud of….

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It was a big night for Stockdale, given he basically chose to leave Fulham for us thinking we were the better bet. At other grounds he would have got a lot more stick than he did, but he responded with a great performance yesterday. The saves from Kavanagh and Rodallega were top drawer.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Is this another one of your secretly disguised JFC appreciation threads?

:) I have never started a JFC appreciation thread ;-)

Although I see the quality that sadly quite a few on here do not see.

I have also always seen the quality in Mr Stockdale, who is comfortably our best keeper, depsite young Walton's pleasing introduction.

And like JFC, Stockdale got way too much stick for his early season form.

In recent weeks, against Rotherham, Reading, Wolves and Fulham he has earned us many points

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fair play to Stockdale he has turned it around recently after a poor start. That said, he did turn up in bad shape and it has obviously taken him a while to sort it out. Yes Walton is the new Manuel Neuer etc, but his time will come.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I was sat in the home end last night and saw the save from the side of the goal. It was absolutely superb, one of best Ive seen. His distribution is now really good, he kicks and finds players almost every time last night. Also him and Dunk have a great understanding talking to each other all through the second half and organising the defence. I actually think he has potential to be a great Albion keeper as he seems to have put the work in and his distribution is potentially better than TK.
I presume you mean exponentially. :wink:

Pretty much a faultless display last night from David, with a couple of crucial saves to boot. As mentioned previously, I like the fact that he's always looking to pick out a specific Albion player, and tends to vary it up to keep the opponents guessing. Rather than the usual punt down the middle to the big man (if there is one).

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Lets be honest, he had a poor start to the season. Now he is hitting some form and has lost some weight, good to see. Can't agree with BG think his distribution is far superior to Kuszczak's and most other previous keepers.

His form is improving but for me still needs to work on distribution Twice last night poor kicks clearances led to a Fulham counter attack. Saying that at one point he bollocked CMS for not chasing his clearance. Shot stopping , crosses , cant fault him

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Glad to see him finally picking it up.

He has been utter gash so far this season I'm afraid. Far too many goals scored where he should of done better. Hope this is the turning point.

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
I am so pleased he is coming good. Have a Fulham STH friend who really rates him. Stockdale is also a top person - he met my son during the players recent trip to Worthing Hospital and he was really friendly chatty and genuinely interested in talking to my son.

I know we're always supposed to care more about our players being - above all - fiercely competitive winners rather than "nice guys" but I've also heard consistently that Stockdale is a really sound fella. Having solid, decent characters influential in the team (Calderon being another example) can only be a good thing...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Glad to see him finally picking it up.

He has been utter gash so far this season I'm afraid. Far too many goals scored where he should of done better. Hope this is the turning point.

Typical NSC crap statement. He was never utter gash. He could have done better with a couple of goals but the only really terrible mistake he made was Cardiff home. Yet, because he's not Kuszczak and he wasn't making any spectacular saves, many like you wrote him off rather than supporting him.

Luckily he's now proving those fans who stood by him right. The abuse Stockdale got on here (and some personal stuff on his Twitter account earlier on in the season) was massively undeserved and, to be honest, pathetic.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Is it a coincidence I ask myself that certain players, including Stockdale are suddenly showing a bit of form, now the clueless Finn has gone??? It can't be very inspiring looking over for a bit of a gee up and seeing him sitting there arms folded, looking as thick as shite without a clue what is happening.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Can someone describe the save? I haven't seen the highlights yet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I presume you mean exponentially. :wink:

Pretty much a faultless display last night from David, with a couple of crucial saves to boot. As mentioned previously, I like the fact that he's always looking to pick out a specific Albion player, and tends to vary it up to keep the opponents guessing. Rather than the usual punt down the middle to the big man (if there is one).

Was discussing this on the way home last night and agree 100%. The odd bad kick amongst all the good ones is magnified when it goes wrong because it's often not travelled far, but he creates some great positions with his 'clearances'. I'd much rather see this, with the odd error, than continually hoofing the ball over the halfway line aimlessly (although this worked when COG came on as he won everything). Happy days, still glowing from last night :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can someone describe the save? I haven't seen the highlights yet.

Curling shot from just outside the box, without doubt headîng for the top corner (ish), he leaps like a particularly agile salmon and tips the ball over the bar (from what I can remember, not seen a replay yet !)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Curling shot from just outside the box, without doubt headîng for the top corner (ish), he leaps like a particularly agile salmon and tips the ball over the bar (from what I can remember, not seen a replay yet !)

This is how my memory remembers it too, but with extra eloquence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here