Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Stockdale

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
For some reason fulham are only playing 1 match in the States and taking a relatively young squad of only 16 players.
Wouldn't necessarily read too much into it. Plenty of the squad have been left behind. They have further pre-season matches next week in Europe.

The Fulham owner also own a Septic egg-chasing team that play at that ground. They are unveiling a new scoreboard or something.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He did. But he always preferred the CB role. If that's changed, well, that's its news to me.

Not denying that mate just that clown was telling us exactly where he WILL play here. There's options right...

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Wouldn't be surprised if Fulham are waiting to let Stockdale go to us once they have a new no1. Sounds like Magath doesn't think Stockdale or Stek are good enough. They are after Bogdan at the moment.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
BG thinks its a done deal

24 Jul 2014 10:18:37
Brighton to announce the signing of David Stockdale in the next 48 hours

Bens-Grandad

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
That's good enough for me. I believe everything he says.

BG has a rep of not everyone agreeing with him but has he ever put forward up a false rumour?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Not denying that mate just that clown was telling us exactly where he WILL play here. There's options right...

I'm a clown for suggesting that a Liverpool first team player/full England international would play at centre half for us when we already have two very experienced right backs? Most young central defenders start their careers at full back to gain experience hence the reason he has played there so far. For example carragher and jones. I thought it was obvious to most that we would play Kelly at centre back if we had him as that's where we are short on cover and lack pace. Sure he can cover right back if needed as an option. We could also play Calderon at centre half or Ince at centre half. They are options also.

I highly doubt we'll sign him anyway so the discussion is pretty pointless. I just object to being called a clown or Sami in a public forum for suggesting a perfecting reasonable view and opinion.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'm a clown for suggesting that a Liverpool first team player/full England international would play at centre half for us when we already have two very experienced right backs? Most young central defenders start their careers at full back to gain experience hence the reason he has played there so far. For example carragher and jones. I thought it was obvious to most that we would play Kelly at centre back if we had him as that's where we are short on cover and lack pace. Sure he can cover right back if needed as an option. We could also play Calderon at centre half or Ince at centre half. They are options also.

I highly doubt we'll sign him anyway so the discussion is pretty pointless. I just object to being called a clown or Sami in a public forum for suggesting a perfecting reasonable view and opinion.

Mr Marsh your clearly new to the board, there is no room on here for reasoned sensible discussion I am afraid, you will learn.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

No you're wrong after your first line. You didn't 'suggest' anything, you arrogantly told me where he WOULD be playing - that's the point. And then the thumbs down (v v sad) made u a clown :thumbsup: Bloody newbies

Totally missed he point I was making. Pure arrogance.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mr Marsh your clearly new to the board, there is no room on here for reasoned sensible discussion I am afraid, you will learn.

No offence but you missed the point too - typical NSC eh Marshy :)

I wasn't doubting it's a perfectly feasible suggestion Kelly could play CB - bit it's certainly not a forgone conclusion like her TOLD me it would be. Trivial, yes. And I do agree with what he says about younger players staring off in 'lesser' positions - but that's basic football understanding - there was no unreasonable or non sensible discussion from me I assure you....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here