Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Stockdale

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not saying Stockdale is a poor keeper just prone to pushing the ball back into the 6 yd box rather than round the post, He is a good shot stopper but surely his wages will be nearly as high as TK plus £1m+ fee says that TK must have really fallen out with the club

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I am not saying Stockdale is a poor keeper just prone to pushing the ball back into the 6 yd box rather than round the post, He is a good shot stopper but surely his wages will be nearly as high as TK plus £1m+ fee says that TK must have really fallen out with the club

Can I ask, is your opinion based on what you've seen for yourself or what you heard/read?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Clips of these rather alarming goalkeeping cock ups, if Stockdale keeps making them would be good? Or has he done it once or twice and it's being exaggerated?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Reading his reaction to the Fulham supporters, who asked about his future, doesn't necessarily mean he is going to another club, just simply that it appears enquiries/bids have been received.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Reading their forums would suggest he is valued more 2 / 2.5million and 1million would be a steal.

Suspect 1m would be turned down

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
This would be great, but I just can't see why they would sell for £1m. Any more than that and we're probably out of the deal anyway.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
I'd offer 1m upfront, another 2m if we get promoted. Hey, this negotiation lark is easy!

hmmmm not sure that type of add on would be quite so easy when the club you are negotiating with are also keen on the same promotion from the same division....!

Which is why I don't think this will happen, why on earth would Fulham let him come to us for a fairly cheap £1M when we are in the same league as them.Just doesn't make sense.

would like to be proved wrong though as I think he is a great keeper and top professional.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
hmmmm not sure that type of add on would be quite so easy when the club you are negotiating with are also keen on the same promotion from the same division....!

Which is why I don't think this will happen, why on earth would Fulham let him come to us for a fairly cheap £1M when we are in the same league as them.Just doesn't make sense.

would like to be proved wrong though as I think he is a great keeper and top professional.

Remember the Barnes transfer? It happens. If he fancies a change .....

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Remember the Barnes transfer? It happens. If he fancies a change .....

Yes it does, although Barnes made the move happen due to being in final 6 months of his contract, and so made logical sense for us to sell.
Although having said that, I have no idea Stockdale's remaining contract duration...? Let hope something comes of it!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Yes it does, although Barnes made the move happen due to being in final 6 months of his contract, and so made logical sense for us to sell.
Although having said that, I have no idea Stockdale's remaining contract duration...? Let hope something comes of it!

I think he said he had 1 year left last week.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not that this has any credence but http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/david-stockdale/profil/spieler/67339 has his contract running out in a year and values him at 1.76m

and here's his market value trendline according to the site.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/david-stockdale/marktwertverlauf/spieler/67339

Mind you, those pages value Solly March at 66k and Leo Ulloa at 1.76m...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/brighton-amp-hove-albion/startseite/verein/1237/saison_id/2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here