Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale - Through The Fire (Video)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That double save against Wigan hasn't got nearly enough credit (perhaps because it was away from home with a lot fewer to see it live). The first stop was good but the second was incredible. On a par with his saves from Forestieri.

He's saved 100% of the penalties he's faced this season (alright, it's only been two so far, but still :) ).

The ball goes over the line for the second save....fortunately it was offside.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What watching that video has made me realise (and appreciate even more) about Stockdale is that he never does the annoying keeper thing of always having a massive go at his defence after making a save, no matter what. His whole demeanour is determined but incredibly positive, and you can tell this makes the back 4 want to fight for him and vice versa.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
For somebody who only has just over 200 posts on here [MENTION=22888]ChazzyBHA[/MENTION], all have been quality posts, I really look forward to your videos and never tire from watching them:
I concur as an expat Chazzy like I mentioned before you are my fave poster that video is awesome and I love the music too

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Number 1 with a bullet.
Only concern is the blocks always go back into the area rather out of play.

That's what I noticed. It's interesting isn't it that unless it's a full stretch save the ball almost always ends up back towards the middle. This can't be co-incidence, so is it something that Stockdale does deliberately? And if so, why - maybe there's more chance of a defender getting it away if it's in the middle? Don't know, but I'm sure there must be a reason.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
He's saved 100% of the penalties he's faced this season (alright, it's only been two so far, but still :) ).

Yeah, but he needs to work on pushing them around the post at the first attempt...

:dunce:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
What watching that video has made me realise (and appreciate even more) about Stockdale is that he never does the annoying keeper thing of always having a massive go at his defence after making a save, no matter what. His whole demeanour is determined but incredibly positive, and you can tell this makes the back 4 want to fight for him and vice versa.

For me he is a major part of the team spirit at the Albion. Really came into his own after the terrible events at the Shoreham Air Show last year and always seems to be the player to come out in support of a team mate.

Excellent keeper but an even more important personally in the squad. We had those personalities when we came up from League One a couple of years ago and we seem to have that again now. It's not what gets you promoted but it lets players express themselves without fear of an argument/moaning/finger pointing after the game.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There was at least one save last night that could be added to that video...Cardiff had a little 'attacking' spell in that first half but DS did his job....just as an aside Duffy made a great block late on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here