[Football] David Stockdale or David Brent?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I find all this giggling at a man so crucial in our promotion fight not to mention the role played in the clubs response to the air show disaster a bit gruesome.

Seems to me a bloke who's coming to the end of his career trying to set himself up for the next stage.

It's a wee bit pompous I'll give you that but let's not be cruel, eh?

:clap2::clap2:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Good for him. Why not? Also check out ex-keeper John Sullivan's socials - really living the life as a realtor in Vegas - hard worker and v successful in his field.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Take the piss out of the copy writer.

Take the piss out of him for approving the copy.

Taking the piss out of that is richly deserved, it’s like he got a high pressure sales recruiter to write it.

But taking the piss out of the footballer or the career choices is unnecessary.

With a few notable exceptions (Mostly called Leon) I don’t get why we would want to crucify ex players.

I met him a couple of times and he seemed a really good man. He was well liked behind the scenes where he did a lot of work away from the pitch.

It’s always seemed like the fact he dared to leave for a longer contract erased all the good work he did here.

As the last poster mentions, this is especially true of the shoreham air disaster.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You can be totally respectful of what he did at his time here on and off the field and still have a good old giggle at that website.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I find all this giggling at a man so crucial in our promotion fight not to mention the role played in the clubs response to the air show disaster a bit gruesome.

Seems to me a bloke who's coming to the end of his career trying to set himself up for the next stage.

Quite, like the constant trolling of him via social media while he was with us and afterwards by some posters on here and other bhafc "fan" websites and were subsequently upset because he replied and called them out.

Some people have very short memories especially what he did personally in response to Shoreham.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I have to be honest and say that it did make me smile and it is a tad over the top, but l guess in this media led world there is a need to oversell oneself somewhat to get noticed.

Going back to 2016/17 though, he was a massive part of that squad that won us promotion to the Premier League, and he helped to create some marvellous memories for me.

I'll always be grateful for that David.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just don't mention that Villa game!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It did remind me of this:

I’ll tell you who inspired me to some extent was Ian Woosnam the Welsh golf champion who I saw at Gatwick Airport wearing an ordinary sweater, just like all the other ones, but he turned around and, a lovely touch this, he had seven suede stars on the back, lovely little touch, just sort of elevated him above the airport rabble with their duty free cigarettes and their fat children.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Untitled-1.png

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I am looking forward to the sequel to Crash Bang Wallop, What a Video and Scum on the Run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports