Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Rodríguez Sánchez. Confirmed signing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Andy Naylor‏@AndyNaylorArgus43 secs
Rodriguez is a short-term arrangement. Here for the rest of the season. #bhafc
Oh. That sounds disappointing. I know it gives us time to see if he adapts well, but if he does, we'll have to compete for his signature. Would be nice to sign him up now.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Andy Naylor‏@AndyNaylorArgus43 secs
Rodriguez is a short-term arrangement. Here for the rest of the season. #bhafc

If true, I guess this could be to allow us to decide whether we want him on a permanent deal after we know which league we'll be in next season? I do hope that he gets more game time than some of our recent temporary fixes (Lita, for example)....

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
Oh. That sounds disappointing. I know it gives us time to see if he adapts well, but if he does, we'll have to compete for his signature. Would be nice to sign him up now.

Hopefully we will have some kind of option for a longer deal, otherwise like you say - disappointing

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan

Doesn't mean we have to wait until the end of the short term contract before offering him a new one though....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can understand the logic - with CMS and Hoskins coming back putting him on a 4 year deal could see us overloaded with strikers that we can't shift.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I can understand the logic - with CMS and Hoskins coming back putting him on a 4 year deal could see us overloaded with strikers that we can't shift.

And that would leave us with four strikers in their late 20s. If we've got four, ideally you'd want at least one with a bit of yoof on their side.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Or the striker we really want won't be available till the summer

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hopefully we will have some kind of option for a longer deal, otherwise like you say - disappointing
An option to sign would be great news, that's what we'd like.
Doesn't mean we have to wait until the end of the short term contract before offering him a new one though....
Sure, but we'd only do that if he was playing well, and if he's playing well his agent will be pimping him to all and sundry.

But there's a lot of choice between a 4 month loan and a 4 year deal. An option to sign would be perfect, but following that I'd have taken an 18 month contract.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But there's a lot of choice between a 4 month loan and a 4 year deal. An option to sign would be perfect, but following that I'd have taken an 18 month contract.

As others have said, no reason the 4 months can't be extended.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well obviously he could choose to stay with us, but then so could any other player decide to join us. As I already said, if he's playing well, we could end up in a bidding war for a player that we could have signed cheaper now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
DB indicated we do a lot of background into players also. There may be some question marks on how he will settle, will he settle, whats he like off the pitch etc

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My guess is that the 4 months is to allow him to see if he and his family can settle in this country, a bit like Vicente's second year option. And if the player doesn't want to be here after May, let's hope Oscar handles the situation a LOT better than Poyet did with Vicente.

If I'd posted ten seconds beforehand, I'd have just said "THIS":
DB indicated we do a lot of background into players also. There may be some question marks on how he will settle, will he settle, whats he like off the pitch etc

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

There's always Forest.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Of course,... but if he puts in 2 or 3 decent performances that attract some attention, the agent will be touting around and we would lose out,......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here