David Rodríguez Sánchez. Confirmed signing.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jan 15, 2013
Striker

31-01-2014 09-29-49.png

from http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I don't think it was his intention to be at the vanguard of anything.

He just wanted to play football in England. But not at Gillingham. Norwich City had a look at him, mind.

But Calde being the ambassador that he is certainly makes easier for Gus and later Oscar to indulge in 'labia'.

As we signed a few Spanish speakers when Gus was here, does that make him the labia majora?

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
In that Youtube video he seems to have that particularly Spanish* trait of not requiring a touch as the ball drops to him and passing it with pinpoint accuracy into the path of on-running forwards - I'm very excited by this . . . .

*flair

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hopefully he's just finished his desayuno in a Gatwick hotel prior to coming down to the Amex to discuss terms

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
From Brian Owens live blog

In readiness for the expected arrival of David Rodriguez, I asked around yesterday as to what we could expect.

My counterpart in Gijon, Javi Barrio, told me: "He is a good player, very fast and useful with the ball. Last year he was the player who scored most goals for Sporting (13). The problem is he is quite inconsistent. However I think English football can be positive for his style."

albionite

May 20, 2009
From Brian Owens live blog

In readiness for the expected arrival of David Rodriguez, I asked around yesterday as to what we could expect.

My counterpart in Gijon, Javi Barrio, told me: "He is a good player, very fast and useful with the ball. Last year he was the player who scored most goals for Sporting (13). The problem is he is quite inconsistent. However I think English football can be positive for his style."

Sounds like a fast version of Barnes then.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Andy Naylor‏@AndyNaylorArgus43 secs
Rodriguez is a short-term arrangement. Here for the rest of the season. #bhafc

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
without wishing to be devil's advocate.....Fran Sandanza came here with a great cv .........
He'd scored a handful of goals for Dundee. Is that a great CV? I realise we're higher up the leagues now, so our expectations are higher, but we're also better equipped to help a footballer integrate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports