Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Rodríguez Sánchez. Confirmed signing.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Heard a story today but not sure of the reliability of it that this chap was signing and CMS off to Charlton for 750k. Do not hold me responsible if it is bulls..t just passing on a rumour, that is all.

Is it from your same source that told you that the Jewish Tony Bloom is actually a frontman for a secretive Arab investor?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
They will have if we have bought a player from them. The story about CMS was earlier in the day then that we had signed Sanchez a little later.

I will eat my trousers if CMS goes to Charlton, and post photos on here.

Their chairman will sell off all their assets (already happening) and replace them with Standard Liege rejects and youngsters a la Watford (also already happening). I'd be surprised if any money is invested in their squad.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Heard a story today but not sure of the reliability of it that this chap was signing and CMS off to Charlton for 750k. Do not hold me responsible if it is bulls..t just passing on a rumour, that is all.
I heard a rumour earlier that Ben's Grandad is a complete ****ing ****. Obviously I don't know if it's true or not, so don't hold me responsible if it's not.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hi BG. How likely do you think it is that we would invest in a year's worth of medical treatment on top of the huge fee we paid for CMS to then flog him on the cheap? Especially keeping in mind our ongoing striker shortage. I would say virtually zero chance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hi BG. How likely do you think it is that we would invest in a year's worth of medical treatment on top of the huge fee we paid for CMS to then flog him on the cheap? Especially keeping in mind our ongoing striker shortage. I would say virtually zero chance.
Think? BG doesn't think, he just posts shit rumour after shit rumour.

Ranting aside, I suspect that BG is a thoroughly nice chap - but seriously, stop with the ****ing bullshit rumours already. Every year you do it, you see some irrelevant crap posted on some pathetic site, and then come here and say you've heard this rumour. It's ****ing annoying.
x

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
David Rodríguez Sánchez

Whoosh!!

Everyone must know that BG is someone's joke account.

.....Shirley?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Think? BG doesn't think, he just posts shit rumour after shit rumour.

Ranting aside, I suspect that BG is a thoroughly nice chap - but seriously, stop with the ****ing bullshit rumours already. Every year you do it, you see some irrelevant crap posted on some pathetic site, and then come here and say you've heard this rumour. It's ****ing annoying.
x
1. If you dont like what I post very simple ignore it this is a free world.
2. We paid Elphick for a year and when nearing fitness sold him possibly to recojp his wages, so doing it to CMS is possible but in my opinion not likely.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Please yourself. Keep posting utter crap, and I'll enjoy ranting.
2. We paid Elphick for a year and when nearing fitness sold him possibly to recojp his wages
No, that's not what happened. We did not sell him to recoup wages, we sold him because we thought we had better options in central defence. If Gus thought Tommy was good enough to start, we wouldn't have sold him. We also would have thought the fee was fair. We're not going to think 750k is a fair price for a striker that we paid about £3m for. There's also no reason to think that CMS wouldn't be one of our best strikers when fit. Despite that, if you had heard the rumour from a reliable source, then it would be worth posting, but no doubt you got it from somewhere shit like football rumours, which means it certainly wasn't worth posting.

2. We paid Elphick for a year and when nearing fitness sold him possibly to recojp his wages, so doing it to CMS is possible but in my opinion not likely.

And the impact on the current and next vear's P&L of this would be what, bearing in mind that a player's purchase fee is depreciated over the period of his contract?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Isnt he on the BBC website as in the team?

Yes he is listed on the BBC website in the Brighton squad - so it must be true!

Spanish Dave 2 or Dirty Sanchez?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Another exclusive from the football transfer rumour site?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I read between the lines that the Albion were after a different player and that David Rodríguez Sánchez was very much what we got offered.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

We didn't sell him to recoup wages. Poyet wanted to keep him as we have an aging defence now. but at the time he was the same as El-Abd and going to be a bench warmer. Elphick had the opportunity to play regular first team football in the same way as Cook, and asked if he could go. He had also been given a one year contract whereas Bournemouth offered him 3 years.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
D-Rod is his name. Spanish Dave 2 and Spanish Rodders both unimaginitive. D-rod is where it's at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here