Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Moyes to be SACKED over comments

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Watched it a few times today, & I really don't think he was joking at all. He was trying to be quite threatening, especially with his final remark, "Be careful when you come in here, just be careful". He was not joking at all.

I would hate it if we ever had a manager like that. Can you imagine CH acting like that?

I didn't see it that way, especially with her laughter and his tone.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I didn't see it that way, especially with her laughter and his tone.

Its interesting .....i saw it like you especially her laughter and tone and his in a way..until right at the end when he referred to the next time...when it seemed to be a completely different tone...and to me sounded threatening not just the words he used
The only other thing I would say is that its not her stirring up the pot...she apparently has accepted his explanation ...its the media and various other groups that are claiming righteous indignation.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well then she's done her job! In a world of constant social media, it's even more difficult for actual trained reporters to get an angle or something out of a story that hasn't already been said. One of the first rules of journalism is to keep it simple and she asked a relatively simple question. All he had to do was answer her and not accuse her of being 'cheeky'!

It smacks of Trump who can't seem to handle difficult questions from the press and actively seeks out people who will give him an easy ride. The question to Moyes was fair enough – I'm not sure whether a male journalist would've got the same reaction, but plenty of others have when managers have spat their dummies out – LVG, Harry 'Wheeler Dealer' Redknapp' and José to name just three.

The BBC and Sky and BT Sport pay mega bucks to clubs nowadays. Part of those fees are for them to be able to interview the Managers afterwards and to pay good money for a ''slap in the face'' is probably not what they intended their money to be used for.

It's very poor behaviour from David Moyes but it's nothing to do with sexism. Male football reporters have all come up against the same type of attitude at some point. Those that haven't aren't doing their job properly.

I agree with all this. It was a crass thing for Moyes to say but it's not the sexism that's the main problem but they way he tried to belittle someone asking a perfectly sensible question. And as Greg points out, Moyes isn't the only offender here.

I'm a journalist and it's my job to ask questions: I have to do an interview when I get back from the game tonight and I don't expect to be told that I might get a slap for asking something. Moyes gets paid handsomely and part of that payment is for facing up to press queries, refusing to do so is the real issue.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside when I was looking up this issue on the web I stumbled across Alan Brazil. What a ****ing mess he has become.

Attachments

• IMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0273.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 110

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here