Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Moyes - Terminal faux pas?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Moyes is saying all the wrong things at the moment.
Firstly the Man Utd squad is still very strong (maybe the exception being Fellaini one of his key signings) and secondly Ferguson would not have struggled this season.
The way they fell apart and showed no bottle in the 2nd half against Liverpool was embarrassing for them, this wouldn't have happened under Ferguson.
Player power carries a lot of weight these days especially with the wages they are on being far far greater than the manager and they don't appear to be behind Moyes particularly the main man Van Persie and Rooney regardless of him signing the long term contract.
He will be gone by the end of the season, the mistake cannot be allowed to turn into a catastrophe.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Every team has their time in the sun, some longer than others. Declines can be gradual ( Liverpool) or somewhat faster (leeds, Pompey) this is a decline which is overdue and the fact of their previous recent history makes the collapse more painful for their success fed fans.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Moyes didn't win anything at Everton so no idea how a losing FA Cup final appearance and a Champions League exit in the preliminary round qualified him for the Man U job. Big mistake letting Fergie appoint him without seeing who else they could get
This.
Man U should have gone for Mourinho, and he was holding out for that job. Once he knew they'd opted for Moyes, I thinkl he agreed on a return to Chelsea. There are only probably 8 - 10 managers in the world who could have followed Ferguson, and Moyes isn't one of them

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fergie himself recommended Moyes, but then succession planning clearly wasn't his thing.

Now they're out the players will know they won't be playing in the Champions League next season. They're not going to make up 7 points on Arsenal. The problem wil be attracting top quality players of Champions League calibre to a non-Champions League side with Moyes at the helm. That costs big bucks. Will they want to come? And who will he lose - Van Persie? De Gea?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I have reads somewhere recently - possibly on here, but I don't think so, that Pep Guardiola had dinner at some point last season with Sir Alex in a posh restaurant in new York, but he could not work out if he was being sounded out for the Man U job because he could not understand SAF's impenetrable Glaswegian Accent.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Not giving Giggs a run out for a minute to equal Raul on 142?..shameful call

I feel sorry for him in that respect, he'll have to play on for two more years to have a chance of making the record and even then that depends on United making the top 4 which looks to be a tough ask unless they strengthen appropriately in the summer.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
This year, not making champions league will not a major problem after Nike have given them £600 million, next year however is a must and is the reason I think that December 2014 will be decision time in respect of moyes. United cannot afford to be not be out of it two years running.

Think they now have to go get those players signed they are chasing before Brazil 2014 and prices become inflated on the back of it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here