Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Miliband should be the next prime minister!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ralph Miliband "writes zionist books"? Name one. [I'll ignore the fact that he died in 1994, btw]

The Miliband family are certainly regularly under attack for being (a) Jewish and (b) Zionists. But that is stock rubbish from the looney right who peddle filth about Zionist conspiracies to control the world.

Absolutely.

And my father was a bit of a Tory at times. That in no way defines me. So the criticism of Milliband because of his dad is frankly stupid.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
If people look a little deeper they can easily find interviews with di Canio where he says he is not a political Fascist, does not vote and has no time for politicians. He has expressed a solidarity with ideological right wing leaders but that is all.

Milliband was so scared it might taint his squeaky clean image that he took off now rather than in a few weeks when he goes abroad.....
If I were him I would have resigned over the sacking of O'Neil

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I think he will be prime minister one day. He is best out of it at the moment as the country is in a right mess with our economy. I expect to see him return after the next election if labour lose.

No his time has passed I fear will be consigned to guided train trips or historical documentary work for the BBC with a weekly a column in a broad sheet news paper, he could have made a great prime minister but sadly not to be

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
If people look a little deeper they can easily find interviews with di Canio where he says he is not a political Fascist, does not vote and has no time for politicians. He has expressed a solidarity with ideological right wing leaders but that is all.

Milliband was so scared it might taint his squeaky clean image that he took off now rather than in a few weeks when he goes abroad.....
If I were him I would have resigned over the sacking of O'Neil

Expressing solidarity with ideological right wing Fascists is quite enough, thank you. That makes him politically a Fascist, whether he votes or not.

Milliband resigned because he is a man of principle. If he had not done so, I would have questioned his integrity. Why on earth should he have resigned over the sacking of O'Neill?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Principled, or fully aware of the PR troubles he could face if he didn't walk away, and so put his political career ahead of his football interests and made a cynical choice out of self-preservation?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Principled, or fully aware of the PR troubles he could face if he didn't walk away, and so put his political career ahead of his football interests and made a cynical choice out of self-preservation?

Are you being ironic by choosing to use the word cynical?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

You're the one being cynical. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't by your logic.

He's just walked away from his political career anyway. Who knows if he'll return? By resigning at Sunderland because he may fear future PR difficulties if he ever does choose to come back, he'd be playing a pretty long game, wouldn't he?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Possible? No doubt about it.

article-1389305-01FC42030000044D-489_468x353.jpg

I'm a fascist, not a racist, says Paolo di Canio - Telegraph

Hello Sunderland

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You're the one being cynical. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't by your logic.

He's just walked away from his political career anyway. Who knows if he'll return? By resigning at Sunderland because he may fear future PR difficulties if he ever does choose to come back, he'd be playing a pretty long game, wouldn't he?

Yes, so? Lots of politicians play long games, you'd be naive to think otherwise, and he wouldn't be the first person to take a break from politics.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yes, so? Lots of politicians play long games, you'd be naive to think otherwise, and he wouldn't be the first person to take a break from politics.

Yes. Yes they do. I'm not naive enough to not notice this.

But by leaving politics in the way he is, he's already being criticised for taking the money and running. Not good for his long game.

Di Canio stands for everything that Milliband hates. I'd have been amazed if he'd stuck around. Why you assume that a man with his family history would not hold a principled stand against a Fascist is beyond me, frankly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

All things considered I think your reasons for his resignation are much less likely than Milliband's.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Miliband is right to get out of politics and he's right to resign from the Sunderland board. Moreover, I think the master plan will be to let someone else take over from Red Ed, and then I see David coming back into the fold in 2020. He's a young man in political terms and 7 years is nothing. In fact he'll get more life experience and make more contacts, qualities that Ed is sadly lacking in.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Irrespective of political views or whether he's a decent bloke, David M. is a much more 'presentable' figure than his brother. He looks more believable as a leader of a party or a country. I'm not saying that it should be that way but it just looks that way. I bet the leaders of the other parties are happy that it's Ed and not David leading labour, even Hilary Clinton liked him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here