Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Lee - the last rites?

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
David Lee played 82 minutes of the reserves' match against Wycombe - or to be more accurate he was on the pitch for 82 minutes. He contributed almost nothing in a completely inept and inert individual performance, even by his standards, and his lack of effort was truly disgraceful.

I don't think McGhee was there (presumably scouting Newcastle v PSV Eindhoven), but surely this pathetic non-effort by Lee has sealed his fate - if it was ever in any doubt. Presumably White and Hinshelwood noted just how dismal it was, although Nathan Jones will doubtless defend the indefensible again in his Sports Argus column.

I felt very sorry for our reserves' top scorer who scored 4 goals in the last home game. Jake didn't get on the pitch this time while Lee showed yet again why he is so widely "loved" by Albion fans. And all this lastest ineptitude by Lee came in a 4-0 win against players who aren't good enough to get in Wycombe's relegated team.

Can we stop f***ing around and just get rid of Lee now? We are being asked to find £400-£500 each for season tickets. I do not want to fund this man's wages.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I understand talks are still underway about Lee's new contract?...

Pointless playing Jake tonight - his Albion future was secure. Some others were on trial tonight.

There was a piece in the Sports Argus on Saturday about contract renewals, very interesting. McGhee said all the players had been now told, except for "one or two".

Although people on here were forecasting a mass clear-out, apart from the ones who have already gone like Pethick/Marney/Pitcher, of the others McGhee said "most have been told yes".

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
most of the players the people on here want to be rid of have contracts into the next season

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
London Irish said:
Pointless playing Jake tonight - his Albion future was secure. Some others were on trial tonight.

There was a piece in the Sports Argus on Saturday about contract renewals, very interesting. McGhee said all the players had been now told, except for "one or two".

Although people on here were forecasting a mass clear-out, apart from the ones who have already gone like Pethick/Marney/Pitcher, of the others McGhee said "most have been told yes".
Lee did not look like a player playing for a contract. In fact, Lee did not look like a player.

I didn't see McGhee there tonight. Did anyone else?

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
London Irish said:

Absolutely right. Dont read anything into Jake not getting on, his contract would be one of the first to be sealed. If Lee gets a new one I would really like to know what money he'd be on. Surely McGee hasn't set his standards so low as to offer him another chance, he's had enough of them and failed miserably every time.
:nono:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'd be worried if Lee was offered a new contract. More specifically I'd be worried that random posters on NSC have a far far better understanding of the capabilities of David Lee than the manager. Get rid, McGhee, or your credibility as a manager goes down the pan.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Surely lee has got 2 b on his way? even if he was offered a contract why would he want 2 stay? there must b a 3rd division club where with a new start he could actully play regular 1st team football? we keep hearing bout clubs wanting him cambridge in the summer and grimsby just before deadline day so why can't he just **** off 2 another club? surely mcghee can see wat a waste of space he really is? surely?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tom Hark said:
I'd be worried if Lee was offered a new contract. More specifically I'd be worried that random posters on NSC have a far far better understanding of the capabilities of David Lee than the manager. Get rid, McGhee, or your credibility as a manager goes down the pan.

how do nsc posters know more than mcghee? do they see him at training everyday what a load of rubbish.
maybe he is going to offered a new contract as he is a good squad player and will be usefull next year when in all honesty we aint going to sign more than two players in the summer as we just cant afford it

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I still think he will be kept on.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
so do i

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Some Players who did not get off to good starts for new clubs:

Guy Butters