*** David Haye vs. Audley Harrison - OFFICIAL Thread *** (Merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Bigger they are, the harder they fall. Haye will be quicker.

I think. I know f*** all about boxing.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think Harrison knows he has a punchers chance, hense the need for the extra weight but all in all Haye will be way, way to fast for him.

Not I know much about boxing either. Who's NSCs resident boxing guru?

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
dont really think the difference in weight is that much of a surprise, Haye isnt a big heavyweight and Audley is quite a bit taller and bigger.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
When Haye won the heavyweight title from Nikolay Valuev he was 99lbs (just over 7 stone) lighter than The Russian Giant.

Haye has all the tools to put Harrison away. Faudley hasn't had a fight for 18 months, and only 2 fights in the last 4 years that haven't been part of the prizefighter competition.

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
if harrison was to fluke his way to winning this fight it would be the worst thing to happen to heavyweight boxing.
fraudley has already said he will retire if he wins and it would end haye's credibilty as a real heavyweight challenger to the klitschko's.

looking forward to the pacquiao v margarito fight a whole lot more!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Two terrible over hyped boxers to ever grace the boxing scene.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Margarito surely has no chance in that. I'm covering the first four rounds, prolly a couple of quid each. Can't see it going on too long?

Good shout on that !!

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
Margarito surely has no chance in that. I'm covering the first four rounds, prolly a couple of quid each. Can't see it going on too long?

margarito will be too slow, lacks the head movement and comes forward in straight lines so should really match up perfectly for pacmans style. It will be interesting to see how pacquiao matches up against a guy legitimately 2 weight classes above, but really can't see margarito lasting more than 6-7 rounds.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
A mate's mate had dinner with Barry Hearn earlier in the week and Hearn said Harrison was going to win by a knockout. Could just be bravado (his son is Harrison's manager) or could have been a hint. Boxing being amongst the iffiest of sports. William Hill saying they have taken nearly twice as much money on Harrison winning, but that might be down to Haye's rubbish odds. Either way I've had a few quid on Harrison KO and also on Harrison first round (he's very old apparently so if he does win it'll likely be early). The latter is 50-1 on Betfair so I thought it was worth a pint's worth. I know nothing about boxing though, so don't consider this any sort of a tip.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Any idea what time the fight actually starts? I know the programme begins at 8pm on Sky but it won't be the first one will it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Any idea what time the fight actually starts? I know the programme begins at 8pm on Sky but it won't be the first one will it.

Knowing sky, if they advertise the program for 8, the main fight should be starting around ..... ooh, say, next Wednesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports